Reload this Page >

Taking car from WA to Qld

Wikiposts

Taking car from WA to Qld

Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bella3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Taking car from WA to Qld

I am moving from WA to Qld and have been quoted around $500 plus GST to put my car on a train from Perth to Brisbane. What I now need to know is how much I will have to pay in transfer fees to get Qld plates. I have looked on the appropriate Qld government website where it says I have to complete forms and get a safety certificate, but I am unclear how much I will have to pay for this. Does anyone know? Pleaseeee!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:35 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Taking car from WA to Qld

Originally Posted by Bella3
I am moving from WA to Qld and have been quoted around $500 plus GST to put my car on a train from Perth to Brisbane. What I now need to know is how much I will have to pay in transfer fees to get Qld plates. I have looked on the appropriate Qld government website where it says I have to complete forms and get a safety certificate, but I am unclear how much I will have to pay for this. Does anyone know? Pleaseeee!
Does this help at all? QLD Transport The cost seems to vary depending on your car.

From the below and this form it sounds like you pay within 14days of when you get here??

"On arrival at Queensland Transport, you must remove your interstate number plates and surrender them to Queensland Transport at the customer service centre (excluding personalised number plates). We will issue you with a plate surrender receipt."
Old Jan 27th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

ShellnTez will become famous soon enoughShellnTez will become famous soon enough

we went bacpacking round oz a few years ago
we had a car with queensland plates but ended up in perth, we got told that you had 3 months from when you get to wa to change them over, i remember the transfer fees were inexpensive,but your car has to pass a roadworthy before they'll swap it over, which can be costly
shell
Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:08 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Does this help at all? QLD Transport The cost seems to vary depending on your car.

From the below and this form it sounds like you pay within 14days of when you get here??

"On arrival at Queensland Transport, you must remove your interstate number plates and surrender them to Queensland Transport at the customer service centre (excluding personalised number plates). We will issue you with a plate surrender receipt."
We changed ours over when the rego became due:
Mine was 3 months after arriving in QLD, but they didn't ask for the old NSW plates, so I still have them in the garage.
My wife changed hers 6 months after we arrived, and they lent her the screwdriver to remove her NSW plates, before handing over the QLD ones