Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking Attila to Oz

Taking Attila to Oz

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:17 am
Just Joined

dnmmilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking Attila to Oz

I need to get our dog Attila, a Hungarian Vizla (see attached picture) from the UK, where he currently lives with friends, to Canberra. Any advice or experience you think I would benefit from and how much does it usually cost. many Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Taking Attila to Oz-imgp0928.jpg  
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Attila to Oz

Originally Posted by dnmmilo
Any advice . . .
Remove the lense cap previous to taking photographs.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Good one!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Good one!!!
Are Hungarian Rizlas short snouted? Can't tell from the photo.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

Hunting Dogs, sort of ginger Weimaraners.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hunting Dogs, sort of ginger Weimaraners.
We brought our dog across, whippet. Cost around 5000 GBP all in (vet fees, flights, transfers, quarantine etc). Lots of threeds on the subject, try searching (search button). To long ago to remember specifics.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Good God, 5 grand. Did he come by Concorde?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:05 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

airpets.co.uk
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mark
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

I need to get our dog Attila, a Hungarian Vizla (see attached picture) from the UK, where he currently lives with friends, to Canberra. Any advice or experience you think I would benefit from and how much does it usually cost. many Thanks
Give a few of the exporters a ring, they will talk you through it and go with ones you like best. We are using www.overhill.co.uk next month for our dogs that's £4900 for all 4 dogs.

Remember if your Vizla's booster is due NOT to have the Lepto part of the jab.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, that sounds more like it. Please let me know how it goes.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wendy66
Give a few of the exporters a ring, they will talk you through it and go with ones you like best. We are using www.overhill.co.uk next month for our dogs that's £4900 for all 4 dogs.

Remember if your Vizla's booster is due NOT to have the Lepto part of the jab.
Is 4900 just the travel bit?

We factored in all vets fees, courier fees, quarantine fees, internal flight fees and exporter fees. My wife did all the arranging, and when she told me the costs I put my fingers in my ears, and left them there until she'd finished.

jets4pets is the company we used.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

i used petair and it was around gbp3300 for flights, $800 for quarantine, gbp 800 for blood tests etc
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by homewardbound
i used petair and it was around gbp3300 for flights, $800 for quarantine, gbp 800 for blood tests etc
Sounds similar to our experience.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:47 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We used Airpets there charge was £4200 to fly two Boxers London to Sydney . Vet fees for blood test vaccinations and frontline £250 for both, quarantine fess $1400.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.