Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taken house off the market

Taken house off the market

Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taken house off the market

Originally Posted by Badge
likewise, if I had a house like that I would never need to move over here.

badge

Surely people don't all move here just to get a better house?!?!

From what I remember about Renth's house in Ocean Reef, he is pretty much beach front, therefore is living in a comparibly (to others available in the suburb / village / etc) better house (as he would be in his house in the UK).

My point here is that moving to OZ really shouldn't be about being able to buy a bigger or better house, it should be about enjoying the lifestyle, etc, etc, etc.

If you want to go somewhere to improve your house size etc, then try Bosnia, Kroatia, etc. You will probably be able to buy a mansion with your money, but what about the lifestyle... will it be what you can have in OZ??

Just my opinion FWIW
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:56 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

IF you can afford to hang on for awhile,, you will see next year house prices BOOMING in england.
Next year will see the introduction of a scheme where 2nd properties can be linked with pensions as investments, and they are already talking about cutting intrest rates here again!
The BOE seem pleased that they slowed spending but are now worried they may force a recession because it has slowed too much! lol
so you,ve picked the exact right time to pull it from the market.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:34 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulf
IF you can afford to hang on for awhile,, you will see next year house prices BOOMING in england.
Next year will see the introduction of a scheme where 2nd properties can be linked with pensions as investments, and they are already talking about cutting intrest rates here again!
The BOE seem pleased that they slowed spending but are now worried they may force a recession because it has slowed too much! lol
so you,ve picked the exact right time to pull it from the market.
The BOE's remit is to keep inflation at about two percent, not to stop recessions.

Most analysts think that the possibility of putting residential property into SIPPs will have nil or nearly nil effect on the mkt as a whole.

If we see positive property inflation in the UK next year, my arse can speak Serbo Croat.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:03 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

We had a similar property to that with a couple of acres ,just outside a small town in mid wales and i'm glad i sold it.......
I felt at the time if we left any reason to go back, when times got hard ( as they have ....now and again ) having the house there , would have give us the perfect excuse.....if you know what i mean.......and now looking back , i'm sure i was right......

It takes an awful lot out of you, just to get through the migration process, coupled with other stuff....jacking in jobs, loosing friends, family,keeping the kids on board , selling house , cars etc,etc.....

And when you get to oz.........after all that time in no mans land , you have to pick your self up and start again.......it's not easy , don't care what
anyone says......

I don't think anyone can have a chance in hell of settling in oz ......unless it's a clean break......it justs puts too much extra pressure on ya.....

Anyway all the best with your decision plum
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:29 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

From looking at the property it would look like you have a fair amount of capital tied up in it in the UK, if it were me i'd take the hit on the exchange rate and plow it into property over here.
I cant see house prices rising in the UK at anywhere near the rate they are in Perth.
It sounds to me that your trying to pull yourself in opposite directions and its hampering you moving forward.
Your restricted in what you can do property/suburb/lifestyle wise (whatever you want to call it) in Perth because you've got the property in the UK. On the other hand because things arent 100% over here your reluctant to let go of the sercurity the UK property brings.
I would think that house in the UK has served you pretty well financially, I obviously dont know where it is but most period propertys of that size have seen great gains over the past 10 years.
Id take your gain from it and buy what you want over here, buy right and you wont go wrong financially, if it turns out after a few more years that you decide to go back to the UK then sell up here, you'll of made more of a gain on the Perth property than your UK one would of done, so its win win

Steve