Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Take stock, because most return home.

Take stock, because most return home.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:28 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Take stock, because most return home.

Originally Posted by Badge
I reckon you should go for an interview before getting a visa - a panel from expats....

Like Ceri, me, Pollyanna, OzTennis, Mike, Hevs, Jad and Rich, Anya - we'd work out whether you should get a visa lol. We seem to represent most of the views.
OMG - do we get to do their medicals as well...? :scared:

(I feel one of Sam's stories coming on..... )

Anya.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:33 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by anya4oz
OMG - do we get to do their medicals as well...? :scared:

(I feel one of Sam's stories coming on..... )

Anya.

Badge, Anya and Hevs put on their rubber gloves. 'Pinging' them up her hands till the rubber stretches to almost see-through, they demand that the male applicants bend over.

Rubbing some jelly on the gloves to make it easier, Anya grins.

'I shall do the rest' Badge insists.

'I shall do the feather treatment' Hevs demands.

And believe me, if you dont pass the feather test, well (gasps) you may as well die.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:38 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge

The real question is, how can people save time, money and their relationships by knowing or assessing whether they should give it a go or not, or execute it in such a way that they limit permanent damage.

Badge
Exactly the same arguments can be applied to marriage - and if everyone knew the answer to that, the divorce lawyers would be out of work. (But then, is that a problem?)

For many people, emigrating is like going on one helluva blind date - sometimes it works out 'for keeps', other times it doesn't. It's different for us all, which is why everyone's view on it is valid - and interesting.

Anya.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:40 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Badge, Anya and Hevs put on their rubber gloves. 'Pinging' them up her hands till the rubber stretches to almost see-through, they demand that the male applicants bend over.

Rubbing some jelly on the gloves to make it easier, Anya grins.

'I shall do the rest' Badge insists.

'I shall do the feather treatment' Hevs demands.

And believe me, if you dont pass the feather test, well (gasps) you may as well die.
Jelly....?

You've been spying on me again, haven't you...?

Anya.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:41 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ceri
Try posting under you normal username - coward . ( you are forgetting to cap your I's - it really does give you away)

And thank you for the compliment "pompous and arrogant"

good evening
Let me straighten this out once and for all... i am no coward, nor am i posting under a 'false' name.. first name Reba, surname Baros, born in Madrid 5/10/72, lived in Guildford since 1987, now living in oz with partner Jim... anything else you wish to know ????? so do not accuse me of making up a username. I dont post very often, only when irritating people like yourself thinks they can be rude and get away with it.

Call me a member of the BE policing service

almost forgot to add the...

Good Evening

Last edited by rebabaros; Aug 23rd 2005 at 11:44 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:43 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

oh.. and the 'pompous and arrogant' bit was no compliment !

further... i have better things to do in life than to watch out whether i have capped my i's or not ..

Good luck to the OP on whatever you decide.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:44 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by rebabaros
Let me straighten this out once and for all... i am no coward, nor am i posting under a 'false' name.. first name Reba, surname Baros, born in Madrid 5/10/72, lived in Guildford since 1987, now living in oz with partner Jim... anything else you wish to know ????? so do not accuse me of making up a username. I dont post very often, only when irritating people like yourself thinks they can be rude and get away with it.

Call me a member of the BE policing service

almost forgot to add the...
I think Ceri had mistaken you for e e cummings.

Anya.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:46 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I think Ceri had mistaken you for e e cummings.

Anya.
i would be worried if I forgot to cap my i's
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:48 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mutant
i would be worried if I forgot to cap my i's
Yeah i would be too
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:49 am
Phoenixuk2oz

i wouldn't

Should i be

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Anya its Andrew. Thought id say hi. Hope youre well settled in now. Will be back with STNI sponsorship early next year,house on market. And not having to work for Toni and Guy this time,RELIEF. Just wondering if theres a time frame given in which we MUST move there after getting PR? Many thanks,cheers.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
i wouldn't

Should i be
Yep, you should. Just because you're you
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well I have to admit I always enjoy Aussie Ceris posts, don't always agree with them but they are always honest.
It would be a pretty boring forum if everyone had the same views.
YES bordy i agree, but it seems we get the same vitriol at the same time , once a month ....................... mm
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:00 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by hevs
Yep, you should. Just because you're you
Yep...bad publicity is better than none

Good job I don't give a crap

Ahhhh if only I could pretend to be nice ......and then stir shit in the background eh.

Just not my style kidda, s'why I'm allus in trouble

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 12:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Yep...bad publicity is better than none

Good job I don't give a crap

Ahhhh if only I could pretend to be nice ......and then stir shit in the background eh.

Just not my style kidda, s'why I'm allus in trouble
You don't need to pretend to be anything other than who you are young lady Who are you in trouble with now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.