Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Take stock, because most return home.

Take stock, because most return home.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:39 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Take stock, because most return home.

Originally Posted by hevs
Blimey what a good un!

So many point raised but i agree with Badge, some people just don't get it. Its like they make to much drama out of all of the little stuff that really doesn't matter on the grand scale of things (like the weirdos in Bunnings) and forget about the reasons they came and the fact that this ISN'T BRITAIN! It just isn't.

My grandparents were £10 poms in the 1960's. My grandad died, was cremated, then carted back in my Mums suitcase to be buried with his parents, however this was his home and he was never homesick.

I could't give a flying fart where I'mburied, as long as its not in a mmahoganybox and theres lots of aalcoholto be had Who cares.

Ceri, i agree the word wog, in any circles i mix with, is derogatory and i will never feel comfortable saying it.

People have the right to post what they want on this forum because thats what makes it what it is. We will always have different views, thats life. A person should not be slated for that though.

To the OP.... Good luck on your return
The weirdos in Bunnings thread was supposed to be an attempt at light humour but clearly it doesn't come across in text and especially on this forum. It was funny in my head. But the little stuff does add up to a big pile eventually, luckily with a new baby in the house Australia has taken a bit of a back seat for me anyway.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:43 am
BLC

Shame that a certain kind of thread brings out the bullies that sit lurking and only contribute to "controversial discussions"

As I have said we LOSE a lot of good posters because of tackless remarks and nastiness

Can we keep mud slinging for the playground or the "Take it Outside" bit and get on with discussing what the OP was talking about?

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:45 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyedwards
I for one nearly stopped posting after my 1st post was met with hostilities.

only nearly??? shame

So to all the sad gimboids out there:- if you want this forum to actually get some postings that are really worth reading, rather than the “look at me I’m so great with my 4000+ postings and Karma coming out of my rectum� brigade. Then you need to hush up a bit, bite your tongues and let people have their say.

Most of what is said on this forum is informative and interesting, sometimes some people even have a sense of humour and enjoy a wee laugh or two! Try it sometime, just turn up the corners of your mouth, it won't kill you!!
Q: What on earth is a gimboid??

So write something that is worth reading rather than bitching on about other people's opinions, just because they are different to your doom and gloom ones!

Arkon, who I've personally renamed nark-on, lighten up, give your opinions in a less aggressive manner and stop personally attacking others for their opinions. It's honest opinions, good or bad about Australia that are needed on this Forum. If all you want to do is to tell everyone else to shut up then it's you and not the rest of us "rats" who need to find a Forum named "in a shxtty mood again, ignore me"

What a pain in the ass.

You said it!
I wasn't bitchin on about other people’s opinions, quite the opposite, I was defending the OP's right to have their say, also trying to point out the damage some of you do on this forum when it comes to getting new posters to join in. All some of you are doing (not you) is keeping people with dissenting attitudes to Australia quite and not giving a balanced picture to people back home. Balanced means good as we as bad, it doesn’t mean any one particular post has to be balanced but please allow people to have their say without jumping down their virtual throats.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:51 am
Badge

The problem is, and what it boils down to is that people think it is only a black and white argument. Or - rose tinted yadda yadda vs real. The old bandwagon zzzz.

It isn't. As always, noone has a go really at the OP.

Thanks for the warning, etc etc, we know, it doesn't always work out.

The real question is, how can people save time, money and their relationships by knowing or assessing whether they should give it a go or not, or execute it in such a way that they limit permanent damage.

Badge

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:53 am
Badge

Originally Posted by arkon
I wasn't bitchin on about other people’s opinions, quite the opposite, I was defending the OP's right to have their say, also trying to point out the damage some of you do on this forum when it comes to getting new posters to join in. All some of you are doing (not you) is keeping people with dissenting attitudes to Australia quite and not giving a balanced picture to people back home. Balanced means good as we as bad, it doesn’t mean any one particular post has to be balanced but please allow people to have their say without jumping down their virtual throats.
the only people who get jumped on are those who sensationalise or cause trouble - most people are quite happy to discuss most things.

Badge

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:54 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

The real question is, how can people save time, money and their relationships by knowing or assessing whether they should give it a go or not, or execute it in such a way that they limit permanent damage.

Badge[/QUOTE]

they cant, unless they try it themselves
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:02 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

Badge
they cant, unless they try it themselves [/QUOTE]

exactly....so......

a) make sure you have a reasonable 'chance' - take out houses, weather and beaches from the equation and re-assess

b)don't sell your home

c) er, that's it...

Badge

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:03 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

Badge
they cant, unless they try it themselves [/QUOTE]

Nope see how they handled other situations in life. It isnt going to all come right in Aus unless you got the raw materials. You arrive with what you have - thats you the ugly mug that stares back at you every morning. You close to family - got to think long and hard how you will cope. Worried about work/money - well its going to be uber tough starting out - how will you handle that. Love m&s chicken chilli orange sauce - well get used to life without it. Hoping Aus will bring you closer to your partner - sorry to piddle on the parade! Doing it for the kids- cool- but what if you become a raving loonie tubberware party goer as a result- what use you to them then.
Take a look at the place on the map (not one of those little maps - it usually looks alot closer on them)
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:07 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by seang
they cant, unless they try it themselves
Nope see how they handled other situations in life. It isnt going to all come right in Aus unless you got the raw materials. You arrive with what you have - thats you the ugly mug that stares back at you every morning. You close to family - got to think long and hard how you will cope. Worried about work/money - well its going to be uber tough starting out - how will you handle that. Love m&s chicken chilli orange sauce - well get used to life without it. Hoping Aus will bring you closer to your partner - sorry to piddle on the parade! Doing it for the kids- cool- but what if you become a raving loonie tubberware party goer as a result- what use you to them then.
Take a look at the place on the map (not one of those little maps - it usually looks alot closer on them)[/QUOTE]

I have heard about this tupperware and scrapbooking in Australia, is it a big thing?

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:08 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

=Professional Princess]

I have heard about this tupperware and scrapbooking in Australia, is it a big thing?
You just won't believe just HOW massive

Last edited by hevs; Aug 23rd 2005 at 11:11 am. Reason: because sam effed up the quote thigy!:D
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:08 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
seemingly high culture
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:15 am
Professional Princess

You just won't believe just HOW massive

Dont know if I could get excited about tupperware. How about hevs, if I start up 'Sams storytelling parties'?

My imagination is sizzling at the moment, agents mud wrestling, Barry the Camp TRA man stealing ladies underwear.

There could be a prize for the best story...

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:17 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Dont know if I could get excited about tupperware. How about hevs, if I start up 'Sams storytelling parties'?
As long as you include copious amounts of alcohol there shouldn't be a problem
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:20 am
Professional Princess

As long as you include copious amounts of alcohol there shouldn't be a problem

Im such a lightweight.

Im scared to get too drunk after thailand. I really believe after a few drinks that Im a pole dancer.

My xrays and plastered leg beg to differ.

Im having a lazy day today.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:24 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Originally Posted by seang
The good old days - Does that mean your going to get banned?
Well, the night is still young.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.