Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Take stock, because most return home.

Take stock, because most return home.

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:44 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Take stock, because most return home.

Originally Posted by Ceri
and not from some people who seem to sit on the net 7 days a week instead of living in the outside/real world
You've made that comment before, immediately after one of my posts, and I answered that as well.

You really don't like the fact that I am able to do exactly as I like do you ?

You may still be stuck in this country that you don't like, although I must admit I am puzzled why you don't go where you feel it is better for you. I did, when I found myself in a place that I didn't like, and that was Sydney by the way.

But unlike you, I enjoy it here, and I enjoy what I do.

Thinking about it, which would you rather be:
  1. Living in a country you like, spending loads of time sitting in the back garden, or wherever you feel comfortable, with loads of fresh air, and doing something that you really enjoy doing ... or
  2. Living in a country that you don't like, having to work all the time, and constantly complaining about things in your life, and wishing you could go home ..

Go on.... which one would YOU prefer ?

I know which one I have got

PS: I agree, those stats may be slightly wrong, (almost all stats are not fully accurate) they are wrong in relation to me, so reduce the numbers that returned by 1, as I came back again

The original posters post was a basically good post, in relation to how they feel about the country.
I just disagreed with the "heading".
In my personal knowledge I know of only a few people that have returned, much less than the 30% being quoted by stats, but then most of the Brits that I know are older and have been here for many many years, (as you would say "real everyday life people"), and have no intention of returning to a country that they no longer know.

Our views are different, but you seem to get very touchy with others opinions Relax a bit and enjoy life, maybe even go and do some fishing..

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Wouldn't it be great to live 6 months in each country...
I often thought that, but only if the UK 6 months was in the UK Summer

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:51 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You've made that comment before, immediately after one of my posts, and I answered that as well.

You may still be stuck in this country that you don't like, although I must admit I am puzzled why you don't go where you feel it is better for you. I did, when I found myself in a place that I didn't like, and that was Sydney by the way.

1. Living in a country you like, spending loads of time sitting in the back garden, or wherever you feel comfortable, with loads of fresh air, and doing something that you really enjoy doing ... or
  2. Living in a country that you don't like, having to work all the time, and constantly complaining about things in your life, and wishing you could go home ..

PS: I agree, those stats may be slightly wrong, (almost all stats are not fully accurate) they are wrong in relation to me, so reduce the numbers that returned by 1, as I came back again

The original posters post was a basically good post, in relation to how they feel about the country.
In my personal knowledge I know of only a few people that have returned, much less than the 30% being quoted by stats, but then most of the Brits that I know are older and have been here for many many years, (as you would say "real everyday life people"), and have no intention of returning to a country that they no longer know.

Our views are different, but you seem to get very touchy with others opinions Relax a bit and enjoy life, maybe even go and do some fishing..
Hear Hear !!! and well said !!

some people are way too touchy for their own good !!

must be a welsh thing, my fiance is welsh and he can be bloody miserable sometimes
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:53 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

All the who-hah last week about the BBC article that claimed the streets were paved with gold was met, rightly, with indignation that unrealistic points were being portrayed. The OP has obviously posted their own reality as they perceive it - the difference being, it's a first-hand experience. It has every place being on this forum as much as the returning to the UK one.

Although it obviously doesn't comply with the rose-tinted specs brigade's views; so here's something less controversial - the weather today in Sydney is sunny, with a high of 18c.

Keep on posting, Charmoll.

GG
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:59 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebabaros
Hear Hear !!! and well said !!

some people are way too touchy for their own good !!

must be a welsh thing, my fiance is welsh and he can be bloody miserable sometimes

Oooh dear,

with comments like that, you are liable to start world war 3 !!!!!!
dont think the welsh (or anyone for that matter) would like being classed as 'miserable!!!'
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I often thought that, but only if the UK 6 months was in the UK Summer
Ok lets be realistic, first we would have to do 6 months Oz then head to the Uk very couple of weeks till we could maybe hope to get about 3 weeks summer , visit as many people as possible then re-coupe in the South of France from the Uk pollution and exhaustion then run with the sun back to Oz.

All this makes one Melbournite wish they was in Brissie. Ohh hurry up sunshine, getting fed up of waiting for Spring!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:08 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rebabaros

It's not a Welsh thing.

A
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:09 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Oooh dear,

with comments like that, you are liable to start world war 3 !!!!!!
dont think the welsh (or anyone for that matter) would like being classed as 'miserable!!!'

I'm Welsh and according to my Mrs I'm also miserable.

More seriously, good on yer ABC.

Paul.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I rip apart people that make comments like yours Charmoll, basically 'cos the stats dont back your views up. I've got a feeling though that you have done it particuarly tough, and what you mean about most returning. "Is most people that come on business type visas".

From the very few people I know that have come on Business visa, This particuar method does seem littered with some 'well dodgy' pit falls.

For once I'm saying give this poster an ear

Ceri, Ceri, Ceri, You do seem to move in very different circles to me at least. No wonder your unhappy girl. Firstly Finding Wogs that get offended at the term, and now british migrants that think about getting buried in dear ole blighty

You sure your views are not stuck in the past, as I willingly admit mine were. Until my return after 16 years away, I thought most Nwelsh people hated the influx of southern english retirees, that view seemed to have changed en-masse when I went back this time. A very freindly reception from the Gogs. Lighten up, would be my advice, I know you wont take it though

If I may be bold enough to add a footnote, The weirdest thing that happened after my 16 years away to change my views, was the French, and in particular the Parissieans, No longer were they the Surley, arrogant sons of biitches of the past. But smiling greeting and happy, it was bloody surreal I thought the whole lot of them had been body snatched..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Aug 23rd 2005 at 4:21 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:28 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

More seriously, good on yer ABC.
Ditto!

Good luck to Charmoll, hope that whatever they decide to do they find somewhere that makes them happy. Moving half way around the world isnt an easy thing.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:28 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

and you sir have the tendency to jump on all posts posting stupid little stats, and not real life. If anyone posts anything about Aus which is not agreeable to head in the sky light, -you jump on it

Like you I can do what I wish ( sitting in my "backyard is not on my do list either - I tend to get a lot futher than my back yard lol) , I'm not stuck here as you are implying " You may still be stuck in this country that you don't like, although I must admit I am puzzled why you don't go where you feel it is better for you" quote. money is no issue. We choose to stay here for the time being as we have work responsibilities little history for you ( try one in three world wide which is trained for work on a certain component, that is why we are here. to run these companies here, to train people ) - did not seek Aus, was invited here

P.s most Most of the Brit's I know have been here years

PS Ozzie eagle , sorry you try using that term Wog with my "wog" friends here , they hate it. and they will tell you so They just put up with it as it is getting main stream.

PPS watch out for some advertising motives too

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 23rd 2005 at 4:40 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:38 am
ABCDiamond

Like you I can do what I wish, I'm not stuck here as you are implying " You may still be stuck in this country that you don't like, although I must admit I am puzzled why you don't go where you feel it is better for you" quote. money is no issue. We choose to stay here for the time being as we have work responsibilities little history for you ( try one in three world wide which is trained for work on a certain component, that is why we are here. to run these companies here, to train people ) - did not seek Aus, was invited here.
Yet you say "Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home."
Sorry, but I read that as if your body is stuck here in Brisbane, even though your heart and soul is elsewhere.

Money not being mentioned by me, just your own words indicating that you would prefer to be back home

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Yet you say "Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home."
Sorry, but I read that as if your body is stuck here in Brisbane, even though your heart and soul is elsewhere.

:
read what you like into it, most statistically speaking people may have the tendency to to that.

I can't see the words "stuck" here, only my body is here lol
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:53 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

PPS watch out for some advertising motives too
????

I obviously missed the post by the UK funeral directors, suggesting 'Ship your loved ones home for a nice, traditional Burial in Blighty, special discounts for long term Expats', then.

Anya.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:56 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

YAY! I've got what she means by 'the advertising motive' now:

'Take stock' means 'remember to take some Bisto with you, cos you can't get it in Oz!'

Phew...

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.