Take away

Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice
Default Re: Take away

Originally Posted by Gibbo
It's all a matter of taste I suppose but I love Chinese food here. I prefer all the Asian food here to that which is served up in UK.
Same here. Since arriving here I've developed a passion for Asian foods, especially Thai, which I now cook myself. We also like Sushi as well - I'm trying to get the hang of rolling my own as my daughter wants them for school lunches. I think that over here there seems to be more fresh veggies in takeaway, which makes a nice contrast to the spice.

I never liked Indian, although maybe I should try it again now that I love Thai. I just remember how in Birmingham I use to shudder with dread every time someone suggested we went to a Balti house.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:14 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Japanese food is a favourite of mine. Sashimi especially - protein overload.

Just be careful if you are packing your daughter off with raw fish, as it should really be eaten as soon as it's prepared. Somebody bought me a beautiful book on making your own sushi but, honestly, life's too short.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:47 am
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
you are kidding me, Oz sausages are like biting into a sawdust filled greasy condom .
even the cheap sausage in Oz are usualy 80% plus meat. In tesco it is 40% EU pork.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:13 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, what a thread

I'll give it a miss, and go grab some food from me local Chinese
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willow green
Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question. But are there take-aways in Australia? (I have never been to australia so I am completely blank). I have my take-aways in the UK every other night, so just wondered if there are no take-aways, what are the other options apart from cooking at home?

I had a through check of my local area tonight, in the 5 k strip which is called Sydney road between Coburg and Brunswick, Melbourne... there are over 120 places to get take away, representing cuisine from all over the world... from Afghan to Mongolian and beyond...

I spent the evening here

http://www.theage.com.au/news/bar-re...431631795.html
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Same here. Since arriving here I've developed a passion for Asian foods, especially Thai, which I now cook myself. We also like Sushi as well - I'm trying to get the hang of rolling my own as my daughter wants them for school lunches. I think that over here there seems to be more fresh veggies in takeaway, which makes a nice contrast to the spice.

I never liked Indian, although maybe I should try it again now that I love Thai. I just remember how in Birmingham I use to shudder with dread every time someone suggested we went to a Balti house.
What are you on about a 'proper' authentic balti is one of the finest foods ever invented. Get your taste buds re-assessed quickly...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Lived in Perth for 2 yrs and NEVER had a good take away. The Chinese is awful and so is the Indian. We had quite a nice eat in Indian at the one behind the Moon and Sixpence the week before we came home. Typical, never went there until we were leaving! I think it's hard to compare the prices, if you just convert to £ then it's cheaper in Aus, but it depends what you earned in both countries. It's all relevant, the same as food shopping which I definitely found more expensive in Aus.

Jo
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:48 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
My favourite chinese dish in the UK was the "cream of sum yung gui".

Very exotic dish! wouldn't have a clue what it was made up of though.
that would be the chefs special sauce
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm obviously one of the few people who's not had a problem finding a good Indian meal in Aus. The best Indian food I've ever had was in Bright (Vic). Nothing like a UK Indian but very tasty. You could taste the food as well as the spice. In Frankston the Kasturi is as good as the Indian we used to use (and like) in London. There's nothing wrong with the spiciness of the dishes. The Spice Club in Frankston is also good although a Brits may struggle to find a dish they’re familiar with. The Spice Café in Richmond again tastes like a Brit curry and the curries are just as spicy.

Yes. I have found a few crap ones, but then I also found quite a few crap ones in the UK. Many times I’ve been taken to someone’s favourite curry house to be disappointed.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Potato_potato
My favourite chinese dish in the UK was the "cream of sum yung gui".

Very exotic dish! wouldn't have a clue what it was made up of though.
It's made of Wayne's World