TAFE

Old May 14th 2008, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road
Default TAFE

Hi

I have a vague and possibly daft question however i will ask as i have been reading about the difficulty of getting uk quals recognised in Oz. i have just completed a Open University course in supporting childrens learning, which is NVQ level 4 equivilent am wondering on the validity of this in Australia. Does anyone know about this; i have searched for NVQ and found nothing (mind it could be me). i have also read about gaining quals at TAFE but seem unable to find out what this is (agian this could be me. !).

Whilst I am more than willing to volunteer in schools etc should i need to, i am wondering if anyone can shed any light on whether it is easier to find work if you have experience of working with younger children, thinking about pre-schools in particular, have just been offered the chance to work with 5/6 yr olds.

thank everyone,
Ceri
Old May 14th 2008, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TAFE

Ceri

You need to contact the education department of the state.

Tell them what you have and they will let you know how to get your quals assessed and job prospecs.

For instance in VIC http://www.earlychildhoodvictoria.or...ed%20Questions

Google "overseas qualifications (state) early learning".

Ian
Old May 14th 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Ian

Thanks very much for the information. its a great help. we are looking a buderim area so i'll start with queensland.
Ceri
Old May 15th 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

rajeshbathku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ceri,

You could go through with this link http://www.tafensw.edu.au/ and you will find solution for your requirement. Have ever been with TAFE. i am also with TAFE reaching on the monthof July - 16 - 2008.

I hope this would help you alot,

Thanks & reg,
Rajesh Bathku
Old May 18th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Hi Liam

www.sunshinecoast.tafe.gov.au

This is the local TAFE to Buderim - TAFE is just the same as a further education college in England and offer vocational courses. I have just started working at htis one - but am not sure about the whole range of courses. But they do recognise prior learning.

Good luck ( it s full of poms by the way)

Fific

Originally Posted by Liam Jackson
Ian

Thanks very much for the information. its a great help. we are looking a buderim area so i'll start with queensland.
Ceri
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:36 am
Just Joined

rajeshbathku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Liam,

I am happy to see your reply on forum. So in which institution r you under studying now. I am with North Sydney isntitute - TAFE . persuing my Diploma - Marketing Business -9778.

Where r you leving now in Australia & Whats your openion on TAFe environment.

I hope the fast & kind reply from ,

Thanks & reg,
Rajesh Bathku