Wikiposts

T.r.a

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: statutary declaration?????

Originally posted by I want out
DB is fine with me although "Trigger" is a favourite in work. I use the principal, act dull and no one will ask you to do anything, clever eh!!!
Good on you Debs, My parents have that kind of relationship, if I need to speak to my father I visit the shed

i think me and ya dad shud be introduced lol trigger we have stuff in common, cept my 4 newfoundlands have stole my shed as a playroom grrrrrrrrrr

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:42 am
Dumb Blonde

I want out is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
i think me and ya dad shud be introduced lol trigger we have stuff in common, cept my 4 newfoundlands have stole my shed as a playroom grrrrrrrrrr

Yes, the poor sod used to have the garage, but my Mum chucked him out to make room for her sailing boat, he seems OK about it though, he's even made 2 new friends, one called Black and the other is Decker.
Trig

Now, really must get back to TRA
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:52 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by I want out
Yes, the poor sod used to have the garage, but my Mum chucked him out to make room for her sailing boat, he seems OK about it though, he's even made 2 new friends, one called Black and the other is Decker.
Trig

Now, really must get back to TRA

i have a frien we could introduce to ur dad,

called ouch mafinga

:0

wot does ya parents think of ya intentions??
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Hi everyone

My partner is currently trying to put together his info for his TRA assessment and is really finding it tough. He is a graphic pre-press tradesperson with no formal qualifications but plenty of experience and he has been trying to write the "detailed description" of what his current job involves. So far it's only taken up a page and half - we're both worried that it must be seriously lacking detail because its so short! I know his other references will have more information because although in the same kind of position, each job uses different programmes and procedures, etc. but we're still worried this won't be enough.

To make matters worse, he has worked a bit for his Dad over the past eight or nine years so we'll need to get a reference from there but his Dad doesn't know our plans and probably won't take too kindly to the idea... I think once we get the skills assessment over with then that'll set the ball rolling nicely (provided he gets approved of course!).

Anyone got any advice on whether they think a page and a half (possibly two pages) is too little detail for each detailed job description? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question... We're both really nervous about it because he hasn't got any paper qualifications and would appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance!

Bidd
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:00 am
Banned

Originally posted by Bidd
Hi everyone

My partner is currently trying to put together his info for his TRA assessment and is really finding it tough. He is a graphic pre-press tradesperson with no formal qualifications but plenty of experience and he has been trying to write the "detailed description" of what his current job involves. So far it's only taken up a page and half - we're both worried that it must be seriously lacking detail because its so short! I know his other references will have more information because although in the same kind of position, each job uses different programmes and procedures, etc. but we're still worried this won't be enough.

To make matters worse, he has worked a bit for his Dad over the past eight or nine years so we'll need to get a reference from there but his Dad doesn't know our plans and probably won't take too kindly to the idea... I think once we get the skills assessment over with then that'll set the ball rolling nicely (provided he gets approved of course!).

Anyone got any advice on whether they think a page and a half (possibly two pages) is too little detail for each detailed job description? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question... We're both really nervous about it because he hasn't got any paper qualifications and would appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance!

Bidd

Bidd when doing a detailed description of his work follow this principal:

You are writing the description so that a blind person could understand the basics, procedures materials, tools and practices involved in his work, and detail every single thing, no matter how trivial.. then ask a friend who has no IDEA whatsoever of what his job entails, and ask them to read it, and then describe what his job entails, if they ask a question or indeed you explain a part they frown at, then believe me you need to do some more work...

Hope all goes well
Old Jan 14th 2004, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Smile

Thanks a mil for your advice - looks like we have a bit more work to do...

Don't know how but I managed to somehow post this before finishing it so what I was going to say was... oh well, hopefully we'll get there in the end!

Cheers!

Bidd

Last edited by Bidd; Jan 14th 2004 at 2:45 am.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough
Default TRA Help Help Help Help

This is jennie and I am new to the site. Please can someone help, we have had some info from an agent and my husband has 115 points, he would have 120 but he is 30 in MAY. TRA - my husband is self employed as a Builder, Painter and Decorator and we have to choose one, he has City in Guilds in Bricklaying and are told that his boss has to do a reference to say he did his apprentership etc and what he does, what does the boss have to write as I do not want to pay the agents fees if there is going to be no luck. My husband works on a self employed basis and his boss knows we are thinking of going but wouldn't know where to start with a reference as it has never been needed before, also how many references etc (sorry if a am waffling)will be needed.

If someone can shed some light this would be appreciated - apparently he will need to prove at least 7 years of work experience - or can his boss put all this down in his reference and how long a reference would he need.

Thank you to whoever may be able to help.

Jennie
Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:08 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Help Help Help Help

Hello Jennie.

For the agent's fee he or she should be helping you with the required content and structure of the employer reference(s).

Also, if your husband is self employed, how is it that he has a boss? It will be important to get your terminology right, so I'd think carefully about the question of using an agent (and which one).

Best regards.

Originally posted by Jennie
This is jennie and I am new to the site. Please can someone help, we have had some info from an agent and my husband has 115 points, he would have 120 but he is 30 in MAY. TRA - my husband is self employed as a Builder, Painter and Decorator and we have to choose one, he has City in Guilds in Bricklaying and are told that his boss has to do a reference to say he did his apprentership etc and what he does, what does the boss have to write as I do not want to pay the agents fees if there is going to be no luck. My husband works on a self employed basis and his boss knows we are thinking of going but wouldn't know where to start with a reference as it has never been needed before, also how many references etc (sorry if a am waffling)will be needed.

If someone can shed some light this would be appreciated - apparently he will need to prove at least 7 years of work experience - or can his boss put all this down in his reference and how long a reference would he need.

Thank you to whoever may be able to help.

Jennie
Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Jennie will become famous soon enough
Default TRA

Thanks Alan for your reply. I call him Pauls boss because he did his apprentaship with him and he asks for to help him on his jobs on a self employed basis so the client pays paul his money and paul then pays his own tax. Not sure how it works in Australia as far as I am aware most of it is done on contract work.

anyway thanks and we are thinking hard about the agent we decide to use.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

antmenter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: T.R.A.

Sorry to keep dragging this thread on but there is a couple of things that i could use your help on.

The Form asks for Refrences and details of duties of work since i left school.
Now, i'm in Pre-Press and have been with my current employer for 5 years, thats fine got all the stuff for that one But the problem is do they want to know all you work details even if its not in the trade for example i worked in a Bar for a bit. The form kinda contradicts itself.

My brother filled out a form from another angacy and his one was very basic.
Grrrrr

Do they want to know stuff like im a First Aider or is that just wasting there time.

cheers

antmenter

P.S. Why is always peoples parners filling these forms out
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 2:45 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RE: T.R.A.

Forgive me for asking (and I ask this as a general question, not just of you), but when you are hoping for a life changing decision, and will be spending a heap of money on moving, why do people baulk at spending money on an advisor who would (or should) give you a much better chance at the skills assessment outcome you are seeking?

The skills assessment application is for many the most involved and testing aspect of the whole application process - I don't understand why people take a risk of failing to attain a positive skills assessment classification for the sake of a few hundred pounds when (as I say) the whole migration process will cost thousands.

Best regards.

Originally posted by antmenter
Sorry to keep dragging this thread on but there is a couple of things that i could use your help on.

The Form asks for Refrences and details of duties of work since i left school.
Now, i'm in Pre-Press and have been with my current employer for 5 years, thats fine got all the stuff for that one But the problem is do they want to know all you work details even if its not in the trade for example i worked in a Bar for a bit. The form kinda contradicts itself.

My brother filled out a form from another angacy and his one was very basic.
Grrrrr

Do they want to know stuff like im a First Aider or is that just wasting there time.

cheers

antmenter

P.S. Why is always peoples parners filling these forms out
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

I have read this thread with interest as my husband and I completed gathering the evidence for his TRA Skills Assessment a few weeks ago.

I have to say that I too agree that to gamble the outcome is not worth it. We have instructed Go Matilda to act on our behalf and can say that the assistance up to this point has been invaluable.

I will share what has happened to us so far in the hope that its helps others.

First we received the sheets to fill in all of my husbands education, vocational training and work experience, to be honest I left this to my husband who completed them WITHOUT any substantiating details or evidence (certificates and the like). At this first stage we were advised that in its present state the application would be refused. Completely taken back we liased with Glenn and Alan. The structured help and advice was very useful and did reassure us that my husband could satisfy the criteria if the right information with the correct detail could be sought.

And boy did they require detail! Our agent supplied an excellent exempla so that we could approach each employer and ask for the very involved level of detail that is needed. It is fair to say that NO past employer would normally go into such detail or is happy to do so. Our way of persuading them to do this was to offer to construct the reference and invite them to make any changes that they were unhappy with. I’m glad to say that this worked even with the current employer.

We were also faced with many companies that no longer existed, here Companies House were really helpful and certificates of no longer trading were obtained. Even the widow of one of my husbands early Site Managers was happy to swear an affidavit confirming that he worked on a certain site. We did experience people ‘not wanting to get involved’, which is natural. We also bulked at the thought of paying so much to get certified copies. At the end of the day we were able to find a way to substantiate EVERYTHING my husband had ever achieved, even tracking down his old tutor. Don’t’ be surprised if when you go to gather your info that ‘out records don’t go back that far!’ is something you hear from a college or examination board. Find someone who took that qualification with you and get them to make a statement confirming this.

I consider myself to be a professional who knows how to complete a form or two, however, we would have been over whelmed and lacking in knowledge without the help of an agent.

Resign yourself to the cost of this whole thing and go for it. I feel that I could describe every task my husband has ever done and did get sick of typing about it but at least that part is done. (It did take many many months)

We are waiting to hear if our TRA has been lodged, if it needs something more I know that I can rely on a constructive request from our agent.

Ozzy Dogs Wife 'Tracey'
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 10:57 am
Just Joined

antmenter is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok
One of the main points of this forum is to help and guide people through this crap stage of the process. I am confident that i DON'T need a agent as i am not and have never been self employed, i have all my references, certificates, apprenticeship indenturs and so on.

I wrote my job description which i was happy with then read a post on this thread from someone who has been their and done it and i have rewritten it in even more detail a 2 year old could read and know what i have spent 9 years learning. That is proof this site works

Ill ask my simple question again and I'll hope that someone who knows will answer.

Do i have to give job descriptions in detail for the jobs i did since i left school that are not connected to my trade i.e. bar work etc.?

thank you
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear that you have been able to complete your application without the aid of an agent, this is a very helpful site and I hope that someone can help you with your question about unrelated work experience.

Good Luck

Tracey.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

bcl74 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, just got my TRA back but to my dismay I was deemed a general electrician on the wrong date. I still got 60 points but i lost 10 for employment 3 out of 4 years. I missed a couple of references but they were for only 3 months each and the last one was december 2000 to march 2000. this must have made the difference. I will appeal and include these references and hopefully this will make the difference. I need these 10 points to give us the freedom of where to move to, If I dont I will have to wait another 18 months to apply or head off to SA on a government sponser and be tied there for 2 years.

Now Ive seen alot of adverts foe A class electricians, whats the difference between that and a general electrician, ive not been able to find anything to explain this.

Take all the advice, do not miss anything on your past work history.

Brian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.