Wikiposts

T.r.a

Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: T.r.a

Originally posted by Lee-Louise
If it makes you both feel a little better, we went through exactly the same, and I too like your wife spent hours on the phone, writing letters, spoon feeding etc.

My husband is self-employed too and had to write down everything + stat.decs and witnesses to his history and let's not forget on the job training from 20 odd years ago!! He had to prove everything as he had no formal qualifications.

Trying to find people.............alive was a nightmare, so we really do understand and sympathize with the headaches you endured!

Lee-Louise

Lmao Lee, thats so funny , and I honestly think just from literally begging for people to remember you AND to state who the hell you are and what ya did is a story in itself

I note you said your Husband is self employed , what does he do ?? < nosey git
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Lee-Louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Lmao Lee, thats so funny , and I honestly think just from literally begging for people to remember you AND to state who the hell you are and what ya did is a story in itself

I note you said your Husband is self employed , what does he do ?? < nosey git
He's a wall and floor tiler, 39 and been doing it for 20years.
As regards Aussie, we want to go to WA around Perth. We've just completed meds and have asked for police certificates from Kent HQ.

What about you and your wife?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 3:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lee-Louise
He's a wall and floor tiler, 39 and been doing it for 20years.
As regards Aussie, we want to go to WA around Perth. We've just completed meds and have asked for police certificates from Kent HQ.

What about you and your wife?
< i run a flooring company , wood floors in uk .. just trying to get a company going in oz at the mo, but not trading

Also im speaking with some contacts i have there in the manufacturing sector regards distribution so .. hmm.. just plodding along

Mrs Timber , well she runs a (manager) powered access branch and we coulda gone for skills using her int recognised qualifications, but got accepted with mine.

Wishing id studied hairdressing now lmao

regards tilers, wow, our mates on the east coast state "gettin the bloody tiler (TOILA) as they say to come is like gettin blood out of a stone" so wise profession

Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: T.r.a

you have me worried now, it is the best i could do to get ex employers to send a general letter making reference to a job description attached !

i guess i could beef up the personal statement............

do they not give you any opportunity to revert for more info? is it just a flat fail and pay again????

We applied last March time ,via TRA , for our Skills assesment, well mine

<<thought pffft wot a breeze , we can do this ourselves, advice we'd been given was , if youve dunit , seen it, TELL the TRA..
In fact our advisor said , . every i , and - every t which we thought we'd done.....

Now those new to the TRA, its a real daunting experience charting out your whole skilled history, in fact its pretty Complex to say the least..
Here in the UK in my profession, we dont really get to do certification and have nice pieces of paper saying we had completed this and that .. so if you are in the same boat, chart every job you have done and break it down into your exact duties including dates, tools used (names and brands * TRUST ME ) , customer / client references, and when youve spent a couple of weeks or more doing it.... DO IT AGAIN !! cos they want INFO, they want tons of info, they wanna know ur inside leg measurement on the 12th May 1976.... and if you cant remember it, they will askya for it....

We submitted our Application , having done the sworn declaration and the Afi Davit bit, and sent it offf....

Several weeks later a envelope arrived, 1 solitary piece of paper,
DECLINED
:scared: we were gutted.. then we read small print and at 12 pm a few days later we called the TRA, and spoke with a case officer, I said , I wonder if you could give me some advice??

No problems Steve, wassup > just sent July to get ya case file ...

Ahh You talk and Ill read Steve...

So i did...

<laughter> < good or bad sign >?? i thought as i wasnt laffing

You Dill Pickle , your affit davits need to be countersigned by you, sheesh dont your Pommy solicitors know what a stat declaration is ??

Get em signed, shuvem in the post and I can tellya no wukkas m8,

He gave me his personal extension so that we could ask for info at anytime.. we posted the TRA re submitted application together with a further fee < prat

and Voila sorted... few weeks later , letter
APPROVED

The moral of the story,
If ya think youve dunit right you probably aint !!

If you have any queries, call TRA and speak politely, factually and be subserviant.. they are a GREAT BUNCH !!!

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:18 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by maxine
you have me worried now, it is the best i could do to get ex employers to send a general letter making reference to a job description attached !

i guess i could beef up the personal statement............

do they not give you any opportunity to revert for more info? is it just a flat fail and pay again????

1. REALLY REALLY stress to previous employers the importance, and if necessary go door knocking and or plague them with emails, we DESPAIRED with some . In fact i was contracts manager for a £750,000 project for 1 company, and the statement back from the employer > which took 3 months ! yes we can confirm he worked here

ITS laughable

2. Flat refusal end of story, then appeal, and pay again !!

But this forum affords you the benefit of straight no bullsh*t posts, and all i can say is if they wont list your duties, accompany their letter with a Stat dec .

Incidentally, only Letterheaded or company literature is acceptable from employers, no emails !! on the other hand a neat trick is to prepare a stat dec stating your duties and get your previous employer to countersign it.. im sure it works pmsl > we tried every bloody angle !!! and as lee said FINDING em alive is 1 thing !

Best of luck
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Lee-Louise is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
< i run a flooring company , wood floors in uk .. just trying to get a company going in oz at the mo, but not trading

Also im speaking with some contacts i have there in the manufacturing sector regards distribution so .. hmm.. just plodding along

Mrs Timber , well she runs a (manager) powered access branch and we coulda gone for skills using her int recognised qualifications, but got accepted with mine.

Wishing id studied hairdressing now lmao

regards tilers, wow, our mates on the east coast state "gettin the bloody tiler (TOILA) as they say to come is like gettin blood out of a stone" so wise profession

getting a tiler is hard even in the Uk. It's getting them to finish the job that's the problem over here. Not that Vincent falls into this catergory, but he certainly knows some that do!

Vincent has done well in the Uk and wants to start business in oz too and like you he'll be looking into distribution, especially floor tiles.

As for me I'm qualified in fitness but have taken time out for this year to be close to my dad, who without getting too morbid has little time left.

When I get to Oz I plan to work alongside Vince

Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:37 am
Banned

Well Lee,

My missus calls me a starteroffa not a finishaoffa lmao, so i know where ya cumin from..

I really hope ya do well. and im being genuine, I think we have to make a mark in oz, no matter how small.. its our way of saying thankyou and also gives us the opportunitty of sticking 1 fingered salute at how we as trades ppl are sometimes treated here in the uk >>>> deeper issue<<<<< but im sure ur Vince knows what im rattlin on about..

Re your dad, i posted a thread today regarding, there for the grace of god go i... Hope ya read it , and wish ya well..

Re tiling ( TOILING )

Hours in oz are bloody long,

My mate does 12 hr shifts regularly, working weekends too ..

I aint gonna blow my own trumpet but i do long hours aswell, but aussies genuinely work hard and long hours..

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:24 am
Banned

Well Lee,

My missus calls me a starteroffa not a finishaoffa lmao, so i know where ya cumin from..

I really hope ya do well. and im being genuine, I think we have to make a mark in oz, no matter how small.. its our way of saying thankyou and also gives us the opportunitty of sticking 1 fingered salute at how we as trades ppl are sometimes treated here in the uk >>>> deeper issue<<<<< but im sure ur Vince knows what im rattlin on about..

Re your dad, i posted a thread today regarding, there for the grace of god go i... Hope ya read it , and wish ya well..

Re tiling ( TOILING )

Hours in oz are bloody long,

My mate does 12 hr shifts regularly, working weekends too ..

I aint gonna blow my own trumpet but i do long hours aswell, but aussies genuinely work hard and long hours..

oops and does he need to get ozzy certification, re skills???
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:02 am
Dumb Blonde

I want out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default statutary declaration?????

T F A I'm at this very moment sitting on my floor surrounded by mounds of paperwork filling in my TRA. Have every bl**dy certifacate I've ever recieved (including junior school reports, but far too many could do betters ) I think I may be lucky in that I did my electrical apprenticeship with the same company I'm still employed with and have been there 10 years so think I only need the one refference (please correct if wrong) and have had no problem in getting certificates for every course I've done (got forklift driving licence, no relence to my trade trying to decide to include just to bulk it up) Anyway I ramble, just read your thread and your problems with statutary declaration. I've read the application form a couple of times and can't see anything about it. What Is It???? Am I just a dumb blonde or is my brain mashed trying to fill in these awful forms.:scared:

Emma

Please feel free to insult me if it's written there in black and white
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: statutary declaration?????

Originally posted by I want out
T F A I'm at this very moment sitting on my floor surrounded by mounds of paperwork filling in my TRA. Have every bl**dy certifacate I've ever recieved (including junior school reports, but far too many could do betters ) I think I may be lucky in that I did my electrical apprenticeship with the same company I'm still employed with and have been there 10 years so think I only need the one refference (please correct if wrong) and have had no problem in getting certificates for every course I've done (got forklift driving licence, no relence to my trade trying to decide to include just to bulk it up) Anyway I ramble, just read your thread and your problems with statutary declaration. I've read the application form a couple of times and can't see anything about it. What Is It???? Am I just a dumb blonde or is my brain mashed trying to fill in these awful forms.:scared:

Emma

Please feel free to insult me if it's written there in black and white

Hi its deb mr timbers wife

i would include everything.

you don't just need a reference from employer but a written statement outlining EVERYTHING he has done for the 10 years every tool make model and serial number that he uses type of wiring etc that he does needs to be on letter headed paper name position of person signing contact tel no etc all need to be included. If i were you ask if possible for you to type it out in very great detail and then e-mail for person concerned to edit print and sign then at leat you have what you want in reference otherwise it will seem such a long labourious task for referee that may cut short info to include.

hope this helps!!!

you do really need so much info

regards

debsvirgo
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:10 am
Dumb Blonde

Bugger, I've just seen it, it's the first paragrapgh on the first page, the bit which says "I DECLARE"

Brain definately has turned to mush, awaiting insults!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:15 am
Banned

Bugger, I've just seen it, it's the first paragrapgh on the first page, the bit which says "I DECLARE"

Brain definately has turned to mush, awaiting insults!

NUFFIN WRONG WIV BEIN dumb

LEAST YA AINT BLONDE

OOOPS

BTW GDAY DEBS THE MISSUS
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:20 am
Dumb Blonde

NUFFIN WRONG WIV BEIN dumb

LEAST YA AINT BLONDE

OOOPS

BTW GDAY DEBS THE MISSUS

LOL Thanks Mr and Mrs Timber,
By the way, hope you two are not in the same house at this moment, think you may have a communication problem if you are talking via this forum and both in samme place
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:25 am
Banned

LOL Thanks Mr and Mrs Timber,
By the way, hope you two are not in the same house at this moment, think you may have a communication problem if you are talking via this forum and both in samme place

Hey dumb or may i call u DB

we have a strange relationship, we split the house into 2

she has inside, i have outside lolol

Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:30 am
Dumb Blonde

Hey dumb or may i call u DB

we have a strange relationship, we split the house into 2

she has inside, i have outside lolol

DB is fine with me although "Trigger" is a favourite in work. I use the principal, act dull and no one will ask you to do anything, clever eh!!!
Good on you Debs, My parents have that kind of relationship, if I need to speak to my father I visit the shed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.