T.a.f.e

Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default T.a.f.e

hi,
has anyone got any experience of tafe,especially in adelaide.we are going to apply for 2 places but are still at the early stages and any info would be appreciated.we have looked at information on this but thought first hand experience would be better,thanks.
does anyone know if the bloke who was going to have his 2 dogs put down has found them a home yet
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:55 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: T.a.f.e

Originally Posted by malpjc
hi,
has anyone got any experience of tafe,especially in adelaide.we are going to apply for 2 places but are still at the early stages and any info would be appreciated.we have looked at information on this but thought first hand experience would be better,thanks.
does anyone know if the bloke who was going to have his 2 dogs put down has found them a home yet
Hi there Malpjc!!

Sorry, unable to help you with the first part of your querie but the second maybe.
The 'bloke' in question said he isnt going to put his dogs down, he said he would look into taking them with him (he was going to seek vets advice) or rehome them.

Regards, Cheeky

Old Sep 5th 2004, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malpjc
hi,
What info do you want exactly? I have done a couple of courses through TAFE....
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

As Hels has said it depends on what you really need to know. I have been doing a 2 year Travel and tourism course in the evenings 2 -3 nights a week, it finishes in December this year.
Joanne
Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi there Malpjc!!

Sorry, unable to help you with the first part of your querie but the second maybe.
The 'bloke' in question said he isnt going to put his dogs down, he said he would look into taking them with him (he was going to seek vets advice) or rehome them.

Regards, Cheeky
Yep. And then he deleted both threads (I was online at the time, and they didn't go to another forum, they dissapeared.) He must have done it himself.
I'm thinking a lot of people are very curious about this, and most probably didn't see the post that said he wasn't going to put them down.

Can't help with the TAFE, though I'm thinking of starting a course in January.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hels
What info do you want exactly? I have done a couple of courses through TAFE....
hello hels,
we are looking to put our 18 and 21 year old through tafe as they are deemed independant and cannot be put on our visa application,hopefully if they do their chosen courses this might lead to a job and then hopefully they can apply for their own visa.we vare going to put them on a student visa to start with,all as stated by our migration agent.
what we would like to know is, what qualifications do you need or can you do any course you like,is it like college in the uk where you attend through the day or is it evening classes,what are the average durations of the courses,1 year,2 or 3 years and finally how much does it cost.
i know it sounds like i've done cock all about finding out information on this but i am in touch with the adelaide tafe but at the minute it's difficult to get exact info from them,we need to make one final check that our sons are sure they want to do this and then i can get back to tafe with all the relevant info they want,hopefully the answers i get back from you will help the our sons make their final decision.
thanks very much
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jopaulss
As Hels has said it depends on what you really need to know. I have been doing a 2 year Travel and tourism course in the evenings 2 -3 nights a week, it finishes in December this year.
Joanne
hi jopaulss,
can you please see my reply to hels,saves me doing it again,thanks for your reply
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya

Now I have done various courses through TAFE that range from a part time horticulture course just so I could do up my own garden, to a fulltime computer course which was designed to give you a broad cross section of experience with the aim to going on to further education. I also did a Traineeship which was a placement with an employer and you did 2 days per week at a TAFE.

As far as I know, TAFE have an extremely wide selection of courses available from Business and Computer courses through to part time hobby courses. There are Diploma courses and the length varies depending on what level you wish to acheive. Some of the courses do have some pre-requesites such as prior learning or experience etc.

It is a little difficult to be more specific, unfortunatly. But I hope this helps a little bit.

Cheers

Hels
Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

http://tafehandbook.westone.wa.gov.au/home/
This is the Tafe handbook for WA.
There must be one for SA too.

You can check out all courses (from parttime, fulltime, community short courses etc), Fulltime is during the day, parttime usually evening I think.

Duration. For the fulltime ones I've seen, for one certificate it's one semester (370 hours). But then you can go on to do certificates II and III and IV and diploma. That's what I've seen.
Here's an example:
http://psc.swan.tafe.wa.edu.au/stude...p?CourseID=107
It's got all the modules, and entry requirements etc etc.
This is just of this specific tafe instituition, Swan Tafe in WA. I'm sure the tafe's in SA will have websites too.

Entry requirement seem to nearly always be: Year 10 with average level of so and so for a particular subject(s).
OR equivelant....

And otherwise it's regognition of prior learning, mature age testing etc etc.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

thanks everyone for your help