Sykpe promlems?

Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:05 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sykpe promlems?

Ok every time i try to use the web cam with skype it works for about a minute the turns off my lappy and restarts it?????
Any ideas or anyone had this happen ?
Cheers.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sykpe promlems?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Ok every time i try to use the web cam with skype it works for about a minute the turns off my lappy and restarts it?????
Any ideas or anyone had this happen ?
Cheers.
Have you tried using your webcam with MSN Messenger? If a similar issue occurs, it will likely be a driver conflict for the webcam. If it's fine, then it sounds like a compatibility issue between your webcam driver and Skype. I'm just guessing without seeing it though, but try MSN Messenger.....
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Have you tried using your webcam with MSN Messenger? If a similar issue occurs, it will likely be a driver conflict for the webcam. If it's fine, then it sounds like a compatibility issue between your webcam driver and Skype. I'm just guessing without seeing it though, but try MSN Messenger.....
Cheers scott we ended up using it msn to talk and it was ok , i have now removed skype and reloaded the newest version so will test it out next time a reli is on line !
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:00 am

LOL i can't type for crap just noticed the incorrect spelling in the title of this post
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

LOL i can't type for crap just noticed the incorrect spelling in the title of this post
Don't worry, its not a promlem.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to suggest that it might be the USB socket the cam was plugged into (on account of cameras draw a lot of juice from the socket and often provoke spontaneous reboots) but since it worked fine in MSN, there goes that theory! The MSN video code is a lot more mature than Skype's, which is still in beta, so I'd stick with MSN for the time-being.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Was going to suggest that it might be the USB socket the cam was plugged into (on account of cameras draw a lot of juice from the socket and often provoke spontaneous reboots) but since it worked fine in MSN, there goes that theory! The MSN video code is a lot more mature than Skype's, which is still in beta, so I'd stick with MSN for the time-being.
Yeah just retryed skype ... no good !
Shame as it was great in just voice mode
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:49 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah just retryed skype ... no good !
Shame as it was great in just voice mode
We tried talking to the MIL on Skype the other night and it didn't even want to offer video. Maybe a problem their end?