Reload this Page >

Sydneys Northern Beaches & PABS

Sydneys Northern Beaches & PABS

Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

angiebowen is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Sydneys Northern Beaches & PABS

Hi

This is my first posting so bear with me...............

My husband and two boys (aged 2 & 3 months) will be moving to Sydney in April and are trying to find a house to rent in the "Northern Beaches" area of Sydney. We haven't got a clue about this area so can anyone help me out by telling me the nice places and places to avoid?

Also, I hear most properties for rent are unfurnished. Has anyone used a furniture rental company call PABS? Any feedback on their service would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Angie
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sydneys Northern Beaches & PABS

Originally posted by angiebowen
Hi

My husband and two boys (aged 2 & 3 months) will be moving to Sydney in April and are trying to find a house to rent in the "Northern Beaches" area of Sydney. We haven't got a clue about this area so can anyone help me out by telling me the nice places and places to avoid?

Also, I hear most properties for rent are unfurnished. Has anyone used a furniture rental company call PABS? Any feedback on their service would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Angie
Angie - welcome to the forum !!

We are possibly looking at Northern beaches when we come over in September. There has been various mentions of good bits over the last few months. Try doing a search of posts using 'Northern Beaches' and see what comes up.

I think one of the key points is transport links up there are not too good if you have to commute into the CBD every day. Oh, and price - I think its damn expensive so I hope you have lots of money !!

Remember that the Australia contingent of this site are in bed at the moment so bump this thread back up to the top this evening and you should get some good local advice.

Post back anything you find out - I know there are a few on here who are looking at the same areas.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by angiebowen
Hi

Many thanks
Angie
Hiya Angie,

My best friend (god, sound like a school girl don't i?!) moved to Sydney with her Aussie hubby and kids in November to the Northern Beaches area. She will be able to give you some info. Why don't you PM her? She's a member on the forum, she's called jenozyoung. I am sure she will be happy to advise!
All the best.
Kris
Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum. Dont hesitate to ask any questions. Someone will always have the answer.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:32 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

Angie
my family and I have just returned from a month in Sydney and extensively toured the Northern Beaches, so hopefully this info will help. We would also like to live on the beach however the price of property there is very expensive indeed. The best place without a doubt in Manly this is a great suburb and has ferry and jet cat links to the CBD rather than buses or car what a great way to travel...however about 5 mins walk inland you can get more for your money in Manly vale....further up the beaches some great places we looked at are Dee Why and Collaroy these are great however it really does depend on why the beaches. If you have two small kiddies and this is the reason then great..houses don't seem to have pools near the beach for obvious reasons. Some other places we have looked at where you get a great deal more for your money are St. Ives 20 mins to the beach or 40 mins away the Castle hill West Pennant Hills are realy great..... the very best in your quest.
G&T