Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney - where to live??

Sydney - where to live??

Old Jan 6th 2010, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney - where to live??

Fascinated as to the reasons you're going back? Are you homesick, going back for family or not as keen on Australia?

Originally Posted by s1mon321
Very good point Louie and definitely something to focus on :-)

I don't believe for a minute that when we leave Sydney in April that it will be forever.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiger222
How is Turramura for schools? I have 1 in high school and 2 in primary and a 3 yr old.
Plenty of choice around here - public, catholic and various privates. There's even a montissori primary which also has a nursery and pre-school. My kids don't go to school locally but the school bus stops just outside and it's a 20 minute journey. One of the things I found strange here on arrival is the number of different schools the kids on one street might attend. There is certainly more choice here than the UK.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 1:46 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
St Ives is also good- 10 mins to the trains, buses to the city, close to the bush, 20 mins from the beach. We rented in Killara at first, a 3/4 bed house for $720pw but it was a cold mouldy place as we found out, opposite the railway line. We moved to St Ives which has a good range of shops and schools, and have bought our 4 bed with pool here. Reckon your OH could commute to North Sydney in less than 45 mins from here.
One thing- NO PUBS!!! Lots of coffee shops tho.
No Pubs???? Bloody hell, I am in serious danger of being a home non social drinker here!! I must admit that in family type suburbs there is no 'dad going to the pub in the evening or saturday afternoon' lifestyle here. Its good in that I am (forced!! lol) to spend more time with my family, but bad in that I am spending a small fortune in Dan Murphys!! I really do miss my village local!! sob!
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:07 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

No pubs and lots of coffee shops sounds fine to me (unless they're Starbucks).