Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney what's on guide for non-tourists?

Sydney what's on guide for non-tourists?

Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Question Sydney what's on guide for non-tourists?

Hi,

Need some cheering up and want to see what's happening in Sydney. I know that the (Wentworth) Courier has a small section on What's happening but there's not much in there usually. And doing a search on the net just seems to bring up touristey stuff like Bondi, Manly, Aqarium and the Bridge Walk.

I'm just wondering where to look for 'normal' events for locals...

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Piers
Old Mar 19th 2004, 4:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney what's on guide for non-tourists?

Originally posted by piers_morgan
Hi,

Need some cheering up and want to see what's happening in Sydney. I know that the (Wentworth) Courier has a small section on What's happening but there's not much in there usually. And doing a search on the net just seems to bring up touristey stuff like Bondi, Manly, Aqarium and the Bridge Walk.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Piers
www.citysearch.com.au for a start. Maybe you should try Newtown for a night out.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney what's on guide for non-tourists?

Originally posted by piers_morgan
Hi,

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Piers
Saturday's Herald has the '48 Hours' section with a usually comprehensive coverage of what's on. And you always used to be able to get the first edition of Saturday's Herald on a Friday night at The Cross.

You could walk down there later on and pick one up!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future

Thanks,

Yeah went to Newtown a few weeks ago. Few years back they had a couple of really cheap ($5) indian meal places which were really good.

Just come back from happy hour - hic! so can't be bothered to go back out to get the herald now. But thanks Nicky! It will have to wait until the morning I think...hic....