Reload this Page >

Sydney website??

Sydney website??

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Zan
Forum Regular

Zan will become famous soon enoughZan will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney website??

Have seen links to loads of state related websites but none for Sydney/NSW. Are there any that anyone knows of?
Zan
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney website??

Originally Posted by Zan
Have seen links to loads of state related websites but none for Sydney/NSW. Are there any that anyone knows of?
Zan
what about these???

www.sydney.com.au
www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au
www.timeout.com/travel/sydney
www.sydneyaustralia.com
www.sydneycity.net

Claire
x
Old Jul 24th 2005, 5:59 am
Zan
Forum Regular

Thanks, but sorry didn't make myself very clear, I meant forums/chat/info specifically for people moving to Sydney from the UK rather than info on the city (as I grew up there), I only seem to find ones aimed at Perth or Adelaide.
Zan
Old Jul 24th 2005, 6:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Zan
Thanks, but sorry didn't make myself very clear, I meant forums/chat/info specifically for people moving to Sydney from the UK rather than info on the city (as I grew up there), I only seem to find ones aimed at Perth or Adelaide.
Zan
There is also one for Victoria, not quite as well known yet, but growing.
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics

Sydney for some reason hasn't seemed to get enough response for a successful one.

The one BIx referred to was originally set up for all states individually, but links are now inplace to redirect to the States that have their own sites. This could also be done for Sydney/NSW if it was required.

Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago Zan. For some weird reason it appears those going to Sydney or living there are not really interested in a specific forum. Dont ask me why as i have no idea.
Maybe because Sydney is a much larger city than all the others in Australia it makes it more difficult to duplicate a community spirit, but hey, i'm just guessing.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:32 am
Zan
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago Zan. For some weird reason it appears those going to Sydney or living there are not really interested in a specific forum. Dont ask me why as i have no idea.
Maybe because Sydney is a much larger city than all the others in Australia it makes it more difficult to duplicate a community spirit, but hey, i'm just guessing.
So gather you are going to/in Sydney then?

Very weird, you'd think there would be lots of us going to Sydney, or maybe us Sydneysiders just aren't as friendly, lol.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

We will be living about an hour north of Sydney hopefully. I find it weird too. I'm certainly friendly (too friendly for my own good a times!)
Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:53 am
Zan
Forum Regular

LOL, when are you planning on going and what sort of visa are you applying for?
We're going mid-January, applying for a spouse visa for my partner (the girls and I are Oz citizens), planning on living in the Hornsby area (so guess not far from where you are planning on going to?)
Zan
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:03 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We are Sydney bound too! Me, hubby and three girls (7,6 and 4). But we will also be a good hour North of Sydney on the Central Coast.

Shippers are due here on Wednesday :scared: but we don't actually leave the country until 27 August and arrive in Sydney on 13 September after a holiday in Mauritius.

See, I'm friendly too!

Binbird
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Binbird is friendly. I can vouch for that as she welcomed me when i was new here a couple of weeks ago
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:23 am
Zan
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
We are Sydney bound too! Me, hubby and three girls (7,6 and 4). But we will also be a good hour North of Sydney on the Central Coast.

Shippers are due here on Wednesday :scared: but we don't actually leave the country until 27 August and arrive in Sydney on 13 September after a holiday in Mauritius.

See, I'm friendly too!

Binbird
Good luck for Wednesday!!!!! The holiday in Mauritius sounds lovely and probably just what you'll need.

Do you have an exact destination in NSW?

Good to see some more friendly sydneysiders (or to-be).
Zan
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:43 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zan
Good luck for Wednesday!!!!! The holiday in Mauritius sounds lovely and probably just what you'll need.

Do you have an exact destination in NSW?

Good to see some more friendly sydneysiders (or to-be).
Zan

Hi Zan

We have booked furnished accommodation for our first 8 weeks in North Avoca. We decided that we wanted to be in the Terrigal area so will use this first 8 weeks to check out the area and decide where we want to be longer term. I imagine we will be doing a fair bit of "to-ing" and "fro-ing" though in the first few weeks as my husband's brother and his wife live in Manly.

Better go and sort through some more cupboards and drawers now! :scared:

Binbird
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zan
So gather you are going to/in Sydney then?

Very weird, you'd think there would be lots of us going to Sydney, or maybe us Sydneysiders just aren't as friendly, lol.
NOT FRIENLY !!!!!!!
u watch it or ill send the boys round
the sydney bunch are really friendly. i still cant work out why the forums dont take of. i really think they are too busy doing other things. when we get together they are a great bunch
oh and HELLO

soapy
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:22 am
Zan
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
NOT FRIENLY !!!!!!!
u watch it or ill send the boys round
the sydney bunch are really friendly. i still cant work out why the forums dont take of. i really think they are too busy doing other things. when we get together they are a great bunch
oh and HELLO

soapy
LOL, maybe I'll have to wait till we get there and come to a meet up to find out.
Zan
Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zan
LOL, maybe I'll have to wait till we get there and come to a meet up to find out.
Zan
looks like it
plenty turn up at the meets. its strange, if u look back at old meets and see how few say they will be there. then u look at the photos, it doesnt add up lol
most just turn up on the day.
its a good day out. there is a range of age groups for everyone. you get young couples with or without kids. others with teens and even a few old B******s like me
a lot of people use it at first to find others from their area that they can meet in between meets, but still come back to hear how everyone is getting on. or just to have a nice day out.
hope to catch up with you one day. good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.