Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Weather Warning

Sydney Weather Warning

Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Sydney Weather Warning

THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for parts of the Sydney metropolitan area, with large hailstones and damaging winds expected in the coming hours.

Several storms in a line from the Illawarra to the Hawkesbury are moving towards the coast and are expected to affect residents in Sydney's south, south and south-west tonight.
Other affected regions include the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee local government areas.

More general storm warnings are in place for the north-west slopes, central west slopes and plains, central tablelands, northern tablelands, mid-north coast, Hunter, lower western, south-west slopes and southern tablelands forecast districts.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-29280,00.html

Alex
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Weather Warning

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
THE Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for parts of the Sydney metropolitan area, with large hailstones and damaging winds expected in the coming hours.

Several storms in a line from the Illawarra to the Hawkesbury are moving towards the coast and are expected to affect residents in Sydney's south, south and south-west tonight.
Other affected regions include the Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee local government areas.

More general storm warnings are in place for the north-west slopes, central west slopes and plains, central tablelands, northern tablelands, mid-north coast, Hunter, lower western, south-west slopes and southern tablelands forecast districts.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-29280,00.html

Alex
thanx michael fish.
i just put the car away just in case.
the thunders gettin louder
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:29 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
:scared:
auch, im hard me! bring on the storm
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:47 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
thanx michael fish.
i just put the car away just in case.
the thunders gettin louder
I cannot believe this....I just read this thread (only just got on 20mins ago) and went and put the bloody car away, it has been pishing down for over an hour and the TV is flickering like mad...but it takes an expat thread to get me to move!

Bet I lose the computer now, lost one before in a storm.

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:52 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

auch, im hard me! bring on the storm
Aye,aye-put the pride & joy safely away an hide in the hoose !!

Donna.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sandra
I cannot believe this....I just read this thread (only just got on 20mins ago) and went and put the bloody car away, it has been pishing down for over an hour and the TV is flickering like mad...but it takes an expat thread to get me to move!

Bet I lose the computer now, lost one before in a storm.

Cheers
where did it go
my kids warned me of the storm or i would have just left the car out, cos im a lazy b******
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by madsad
Aye,aye-put the pride & joy safely away an hide in the hoose !!

Donna.
ha ha , aye u can say that now. but uv no seen a real storm yet.
cant wait till the first night i smell shite through my pc
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:57 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

where did it go
my kids warned me of the storm or i would have just left the car out, cos im a lazy b******
Bet I am more lazy than you - I have an electric garage door and still leave it in the drive!

Last time I 'lost' the laptop.....unplugged it all and the surge came down the phone lines! I always used to laugh at people saying not to use the phone in a storm.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:59 am

ha ha , aye u can say that now. but uv no seen a real storm yet.
cant wait till the first night i smell shite through my pc
Lol-very true !!!!!

Donna.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Sandra
Bet I am more lazy than you - I have an electric garage door and still leave it in the drive!

Last time I 'lost' the laptop.....unplugged it all and the surge came down the phone lines! I always used to laugh at people saying not to use the phone in a storm.
oh oh, didnt think of the phone
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I unplugged the computer last night. There were some loud bangs around Bondi.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bondipom
I unplugged the computer last night. There were some loud bangs around Bondi.
your gettin a bit too smart arsed for me
u could have told me lastnight that u were going to turn the pc off, cos theres a big one on its way....tut tut bondi, u are meant to be holding our hands
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:54 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

your gettin a bit too smart arsed for me
u could have told me lastnight that u were going to turn the pc off, cos theres a big one on its way....tut tut bondi, u are meant to be holding our hands
Oh well another day to live without getting bitten by spiders or snakes and watch out for those sharks and 4m salties.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:57 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bondipom
Oh well another day to live without getting bitten by spiders or snakes and watch out for those sharks and 4m salties.
unless the are driving, i should be fine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.