Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

vegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud ofvegeto_10 has much to be proud of
Default sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

i m moving to australia in feb,07 can anyone compare these three cities ...........
so i cant make my mind to moving to the best of these three

sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane........

pls tell me about the life and culture, how much expensive, climate, and job avenues.........

pls do not make any decision on the basis of ur friend or realtive living there.......

just a true comparision
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:51 am
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice
Default Re: sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

Originally Posted by vegeto_10
i m moving to australia in feb,07 can anyone compare these three cities ...........

pls tell me about the life and culture, how much expensive, climate, and job avenues.........

pls do not make any decision on the basis of ur friend or realtive living there.......

just a true comparision

I`m sure others will be along with personal experiences but hope this site might be a help. Someone posted it a while ago:

http://www.livingin-australia.com/co...lia-cities.htm
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:10 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Biased but have to say Brisbane as I live there.

Cost of living swings & roundabouts like UK there are cheap houses , expsensive houses and totaly ridiculous houses you just have to decide what you have to spend and where you want to be.

Petrol cheaper, some food cheaper some food more exspensive, lot more cheaper family things, schools cheaper overall, cars cheaper but less gadgets on them than same UK car.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

just a true comparision
Chalk/cheese/apples
or is it
Cheese/apples/chalk
or maybe
Apples/chalk/cheese

All these cities are very different culturally, climatically and in lifestyle.

Spend 4 months a year in each

WW
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:16 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Chalk/cheese/apples
or is it
Cheese/apples/chalk
or maybe
Apples/chalk/cheese

No its bananas/lettuce/cabbages!

Buzzy
Old Oct 18th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
No its bananas/lettuce/cabbages!

Buzzy
I can see the Sydney - banana connection.

Melbourne - lettuce is that they are all vegies or just rabbits? Long cold nights... OK rabbits.

Brisbane - cabbage?? Got me. Sort of beanz meanz fartz?

WW
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

just a true comparision
A very stereotypical comparison is :
Sydney = good jobs, good weather, good infrastructure (shops, public transport), fab climate, great beaches, BUT crowded as lots of peeps live here as it so popular, AND very expensive housing because of the afore mentioned.
Melbourne = good jobs, good infrastructre, variable climate (one day 35c next frigging freezing), cheaper housing prices than Sydney, not as popular destination - largely due to climate.
Brisbane = Parochial, ok job prospects (senior managerial prospects, IT etc are not going to be based here), hot all year round (bastard hot in the summer), CHEAP housing, bit of a cultural (if you can really use this word in Aus) non entity.

We are in Sydney and love it - just wish so many other people didn't so housing would be cheaper and the roads less crowded!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:11 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

just a true comparision
ADELAIDE ....................... mm
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
ADELAIDE ....................... mm
Absolutely Adelaide.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:33 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Chalk/cheese/apples
or is it
Cheese/apples/chalk
or maybe
Apples/chalk/cheese

WW
Mathimatically - Taking Climate, Culture and Lifestyle

combination is a set of objects in which order is not important.

The formula: nCr=(nPr)/r!

** Remember n --> total
r --> want
! --> factorial

Then take the permutations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permutation

so we have the maths.......

The notation for a permutation: nPr
n is the total number of objects
r is the number of objects chosen (want)

So we have a formula..........if the person deciding needs to have an answer once they finally put the ducks in a row!!!!!

and then maths wise we can but it another way................me! vs. other opinion! vs. right or wrong!

taking the factorial plus the combination.......=take the right decision for now and hope if it is wrong you have the chance to make it better!

Cheers
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:40 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

If you take a quick peek at http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...showtopic=1801 and some of the other posts on BRITVICS you will see why MELBOURNE should top of your list!
I always find the posts on there seem to be from a much happier and contented bunch of ex-pats - maybe Im biased cos thats where Im heading!

Di
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

robcarpenter25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

only a few words to say:

Gold Coast

brisbane

caloundra

maloolaba

maroochidor (if thats how it is spelt)

alexandra headlands

noosa

rainbow beach

All of these are amazing places

And with brisbane being regarded as the fastest growing city in ozz
couldnt be better.

Brisbane is probably not the most lively city in ozz but is probably the most family friendly, a lot of my family were originally from melbourne areas but now in qld
Plus the sun shines all year round the housing is more affordable and every one smiles.

to me that is important

just realised that was more than a few words soory
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:13 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

Originally Posted by annqldau
Biased but have to say Brisbane as I live there.

Cost of living swings & roundabouts like UK there are cheap houses , expsensive houses and totaly ridiculous houses you just have to decide what you have to spend and where you want to be.

Petrol cheaper, some food cheaper some food more exspensive, lot more cheaper family things, schools cheaper overall, cars cheaper but less gadgets on them than same UK car.
mmmm!! sounds picturesque
is Pine Rivers really like the title, if so I'd like some of that
bec and egg
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:15 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: sydney vs melbourne vs brisbane

Chalk/cheese/apples
or is it
Cheese/apples/chalk
or maybe
Apples/chalk/cheese

WW
I love your sense of humour!!
great!!
bec and egg