Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney with Toddlers in the rain

Sydney with Toddlers in the rain

Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Sydney with Toddlers in the rain

Starting to run out of ideas of good places to take my 2 kids (aged 3 & 4) in the wet weather.... Ideally free or with minimum cost! we are based in Ryde but will travel!!!

Can anyone on BE save my sanity.... ABC kids just isnt cutting the mustard any more......
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney with Toddlers in the rain

Take them to the Sydney aquarium at darling harbour.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

What about the Wiggles play area at Seven Hills?

http://www.wigglyplaycentre.com.au/playcentre/
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:25 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

The Powerhouse.

But check this site out:

http://www.bcl.com.au/sydney/wotson/general.htm

Last edited by iPom; Jun 19th 2007 at 2:31 am.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely the aquarium, but also the maritime museum just the other side of the harbour from there. There's always the zoo too of course ... oh and the Centrepoint tower, particularly the fun 'virtual' ride after you've been to the top.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Definitely the aquarium, but also the maritime museum just the other side of the harbour from there. There's always the zoo too of course ... oh and the Centrepoint tower, particularly the fun 'virtual' ride after you've been to the top.
They won't be able to do the bumpy seats though but they should still enjoy it.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Starting to run out of ideas of good places to take my 2 kids (aged 3 & 4) in the wet weather.... Ideally free or with minimum cost! we are based in Ryde but will travel!!!

Can anyone on BE save my sanity.... ABC kids just isnt cutting the mustard any more......
Storytime at your local library would be good and its free! At ours they always do a craft activity as well. Playgroups (like toddler groups) are a good cheap option, but I think you have to join those. I went to a lovely play centre in Annangrove today, Cotton kids. It had the usual bouncy castle, balls etc but also loads of little tikes toys, cubby houses and a tv room. It cost $10 for 1 child, and $8 for subsequent ones but I think that was for unlimited time. Not sure about the zoo in this weather, and I know what toddlers can be like in museums! I think The Australia Museum has some sort of kids activity thing on a Thursday, check out their website. Ryde swimming pool is indoors and good for little ones too.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Thanks for those ideas. Some places we've not been to yet. Hopefully we've seen the end of the rain but will "add" to my list of places to visit for next time....