Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney - Thursday Evening Drinks

Sydney - Thursday Evening Drinks

Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:13 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney - Thursday Evening Drinks

Originally Posted by vix77
well.... seeing as our resident ale drinker cannot make it this week, hows about we leave that pub for another time and go to Cargo also in Darling harbour, on King St Wharf.. i hear it is rather nice in there and the menu looks good too?
OK, that seems fair, and we havn't been there before either.

So a slight modification to the plans - Now The Cargo Bar - Kings Street Wharf, Darling harbour, from 6:30.

The menu does look good, though I suspect they serve the evil shmidis.

For anyone not familiar with The Cargo Bar, it's the bar closest to the Aquarium, around the other side from Pier 26.

S
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
OK, that seems fair, and we havn't been there before either.

So a slight modification to the plans - Now The Cargo Bar - Kings Street Wharf, Darling harbour, from 6:30.

The menu does look good, though I suspect they serve the evil shmidis.

For anyone not familiar with The Cargo Bar, it's the bar closest to the Aquarium, around the other side from Pier 26.

S
cool - i will be there from 7pm as i need to pop home and deposit my laptop.. i know what i am like after a few drinks...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Add two more to the attendees! Looking forward to it!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bidd
Add two more to the attendees! Looking forward to it!
We're not going to be around this week unfortunately. We're escaping the Bush related mayhem (thanks for the day off Dubya!) and heading off to sunnier climes. See you all next week!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

well.... seeing as our resident ale drinker cannot make it this week, hows about we leave that pub for another time and go to Cargo also in Darling harbour, on King St Wharf.. i hear it is rather nice in there and the menu looks good too?
cheers guys, i'll see you next week for drinks and fun, and wish you all good luck recovering on friday...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

popeye will become famous soon enoughpopeye will become famous soon enough

hi guys and girls,
so i take it if we get off the ferry we walk down george st turn right into king st and look out for cargo's?

me and the missus have been meaning to ome to one of these for quite some time, just look out for the good looking pom with silver hair lol
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:40 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by popeye
hi guys and girls,
so i take it if we get off the ferry we walk down george st turn right into king st and look out for cargo's?

me and the missus have been meaning to ome to one of these for quite some time, just look out for the good looking pom with silver hair lol

Ok, we will be on the look out. To help, I have used Google Earth to pinpoint the location of the bar. See attached. I hope that helps. I tried to use www.whereis.com, but strangely, it couldn't resolve anything around Darling Harbour.
Attached Thumbnails Sydney - Thursday Evening Drinks-cargo.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ok, we will be on the look out. To help, I have used Google Earth to pinpoint the location of the bar. See attached. I hope that helps. I tried to use www.whereis.com, but strangely, it couldn't resolve anything around Darling Harbour.

Hi Guys,

As much as I would love to, I can't make tomorrow night. The days leading up to my trip back to homelands on Friday have been rather hectic - this is an understatement (!) - thus, I could not make last Thursday either.
I have left the office today at 8:45pm after a slavery 13 hours and, as it stands, have not really packed my holiday belongings yet. And having a look at tomorrow's (last day at work for 4 weeks) schedule, I am not looking forward to the unfoldings of the evening's proceedings....

From what I gathered by reading about the latest plans, I will be going to miss the great outing at James Squires as well.

I wish you all well over the coming weeks, great fun on the Thursday Evening Drinks and will be in touch upon my return to Oz in early October.

I will, however, have a stein or two on you all at the Octoberfest in Munich.

Sonja
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I plan to be there too, we might be a few minutes late depending on what time he leaves the office - looking forward to it!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I just read on a review website that it's got a strict dress code...anyone know if this is true?

Just wondering whether I need to leave my jeans at home

Last edited by suzimc; Sep 6th 2007 at 2:06 am.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suzimc
I just read on a review website that it's got a strict dress code...anyone know if this is true?

Just wondering whether I need to leave my jeans at home
just called the cargo bar and the dress code is smart/casual - the only things not allowed are ripped jeans and sneakers...(thats trainers to you and me...)

hopefully that doesn't rule anyone out?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

just called the cargo bar and the dress code is smart/casual - the only things not allowed are ripped jeans and sneakers...(thats trainers to you and me...)

hopefully that doesn't rule anyone out?
That's okay by me, I just wanted to make sure i left the house appropriately dressed (which means with an umbrella too today)
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

It was good to meet you all last week - did it turn into a late one?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:14 am
6 months in....

lolobolo is an unknown quantity at this point

hello- wondering when the next pub out is
Old Sep 11th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lolobolo
hello- wondering when the next pub out is
Hi Loz! How are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.