Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney: For those who can't come first

Sydney: For those who can't come first

Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice
Default Sydney: For those who can't come first

Bondipom reckons civilisation ends west of Paddington.

http://www.airviewonline.com.au/stoc...ault.asp?Pr=60

helps make up your own minds.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 2:50 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Nothing so lovely as a tree - Bondi is currently mounting an expedition to look for some.

Typical older Sydney suburban commercial streetscape:

Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Nothing so lovely as a tree - Bondi is currently mounting an expedition to look for some.

Typical older Sydney suburban commercial streetscape:

Looks like the wrong side of the tracks to me.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

On the edge of the Never Never, East Sydney:

Here's the Architect Improved Version:

Old Jan 24th 2004, 3:57 am

Looks like they want to smarten some areas when the cross city tunnel is finished. Those bits are Darlinghurst/Kings X. Different council and lots of smack heads.

Personally I get nervous when approaching Bondi Junction with knowledge that I am going west.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:06 am
Banned

Originally posted by bondipom
Looks like they want to smarten some areas when the cross city tunnel is finished. Those bits are Darlinghurst/Kings X. Different council and lots of smack heads.

Personally I get nervous when approaching Bondi Junction with knowledge that I am going west.
Remember, when anxiety strikes west of McDonalds, a billy of tea helps; just add a dried leaf of snappy gum.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 6:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bondipom

When I was working in Sydney once, I had a friend that lived in Bondi, and you just reminded me of him.

He reckoned any trip past Parramatta was a weekend away trip.

And for those who don't know, that would be about 25 kilometres each way
I lived 50k from the city, and had to travel for 1 hour each way.

Old Jan 24th 2004, 6:16 am

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
When I was working in Sydney once, I had a friend that lived in Bondi, and you just reminded me of him.

He reckoned any trip past Parramatta was a weekend away trip.

And for those who don't know, that would be about 25 kilometres each way
I lived 50k from the city, and had to travel for 1 hour each way.
I work at Auburn which is near Parramatta. On a clear run at night the journey is 30 mins. This week with the storms it has taken up to 1 hour 40 mins.