Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Suburbs pt2. Any where to avoid like the plague

Sydney Suburbs pt2. Any where to avoid like the plague

Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:44 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Suburbs pt2. Any where to avoid like the plague

Not had much answers to where to live, so i want to compile a list of

"Wouldnt touch the area if you paid me" sort of places in and around sydney.

Can you base your answer on rough dangerous places please not because of "too snobby" or "Too many yuppies" etc

Cheers

al
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

silversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sydney Suburbs pt2. Any where to avoid like the plague

I believe Macquarie Fields is one to stay well away from.
Unless you visualise tranquility as burnt out cars on the street, hillbillies, mullett hairstyles and burglaries as the norm.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:04 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Not had much answers to where to live, so i want to compile a list of

"Wouldnt touch the area if you paid me" sort of places in and around sydney.

Can you base your answer on rough dangerous places please not because of "too snobby" or "Too many yuppies" etc

Cheers

al
All areas Eastern Suburbs, North Shore and Sutherlandshire are fine. The dodgy areas are West, but are mixed and depends what you class as rough. Coming from Manchester also myself, I would say few are too bad.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:50 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
All areas Eastern Suburbs, North Shore and Sutherlandshire are fine. The dodgy areas are West, but are mixed and depends what you class as rough. Coming from Manchester also myself, I would say few are too bad.
i mean longsight and near city stadium ough(old and new staium)

Scallies i can deal with but not heards of em like wythenshawe and east manc like beswick and the likes
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:01 am

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alkristensen
i mean longsight and near city stadium ough(old and new staium)

Scallies i can deal with but not heards of em like wythenshawe and east manc like beswick and the likes
You'll find nothing like that anywhere in Sydney really. Hope you have some cash though, as Sydney is $$$$ - think outer London prices.