Sydney Suburbs

Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:02 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Suburbs

Hi,

The hubby and I have decided to live in Sydney once we emigrate. Can anyone give some advice on good suburbs to live in.

We want to stay reasonably close to the city as the chances are my job will take me in that direction (accountant) but we dont want to live too close. We have a little boy so a good suburb, safe for kids and reasonably priced would be good.

Thanks
Claire
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Suburbs

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Hi,

The hubby and I have decided to live in Sydney once we emigrate. Can anyone give some advice on good suburbs to live in.

We want to stay reasonably close to the city as the chances are my job will take me in that direction (accountant) but we dont want to live too close. We have a little boy so a good suburb, safe for kids and reasonably priced would be good.

Thanks
Claire
In Sydney you may have to compromise - the good suburbs that are reasonably priced tend not to be that close to the CBD.

You could take a look at the Hills District in the north-west (eg Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill) or the Sutherland Shire (eg Kirrawee, Cronulla, Taren Point) in the south. Both of these areas are popular with families but are not especially close to downtown.

The Eastern Suburbs and North Shore are generally good, but expensive.

Jeremy