British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   sydney schools (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-schools-546859/)

wexford lass Jul 4th 2008 1:39 pm

sydney schools

hi just wondering anyone on here in sydney know of good schools. my daughter is 13 and we were hoping to send her to a catholic school. we will be living in south sydney. staying in tempe for a couple of months and hoping to settle in gymea/cronulla area. someone did recommend st vincents but at 10000 a year i dont know if we can stretch that far!!! we will be coming from ireland, does anyone know how the australian curriculum compares to the irish one. thanks.

Josie1100 Jul 4th 2008 9:24 pm

Re: sydney schools

I work at St Vincents and it is expensive. It is however a fantastic school and a pleasure to work at. We have been at the same dilema since moving here 8 months ago. Our son is due to start high school in January. After weeks of problems we have got him enrolled at a systemic catholic school part of the marist schools. The cost for this is $4000 a year. Our daughter will be going to high school the following year. I have been offered a 25% discount at St Vincents but it is still costly. I have friends who live in the shire and the high school near Kirrawee they highly recommend. The catchment school around Maroubra where we live are not all that good.

If ever you want to come to St Vincents for a tour then let me know. It would be a pleaure to show you the school and the education we offer. After seeing what a wonderful school it is I am struggling with my decision on my daughter.

Kind Regards
Tammy

wexford lass Jul 4th 2008 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Josie1100 (Post 6535641)
I work at St Vincents and it is expensive. It is however a fantastic school and a pleasure to work at. We have been at the same dilema since moving here 8 months ago. Our son is due to start high school in January. After weeks of problems we have got him enrolled at a systemic catholic school part of the marist schools. The cost for this is $4000 a year. Our daughter will be going to high school the following year. I have been offered a 25% discount at St Vincents but it is still costly. I have friends who live in the shire and the high school near Kirrawee they highly recommend. The catchment school around Maroubra where we live are not all that good.

If ever you want to come to St Vincents for a tour then let me know. It would be a pleaure to show you the school and the education we offer. After seeing what a wonderful school it is I am struggling with my decision on my daughter.

Kind Regards
Tammy

hi tammy, thanks for taking the time to reply. we all want to do the best for our children and give them the best start. my other concern is would it be too far for her to travel every day? we're planning on arriving in oct so i may take you up on that offer of a tour! must get myself a job in st vincents...the perks are good... anne marie

Josie1100 Jul 5th 2008 3:09 am

A large majority of the day students at St Vincents travel from around the Cronulla area/surrounding areas. The trains are direct from there and it isn't uncommon to travel some distances to get to school.