Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney School holiday meets

Sydney School holiday meets

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:51 am
Just Joined

pinkie9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sydney School holiday meets

The kids and I enjoyed an afternoon at Fagans Park today have to say it kept them occupied for ages they did not want to come home.........great location........!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney School holiday meets

Um exactly where is Bobbin Head? Sounds like somewhere in a nursery rhyme.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:44 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

My vote is fagan Park

Bobbin head has heaps of shade but the BBQ's may be busy or booked for functions in which case I'd suggest that being checked out prior to going.

Fagan Park has the wonderful refurbished playground but less shade close by it. BBQ's can't be booked I don't think. Will be busy whatever day due to school hols. Everyone will need to remember to take $4 entry fee in coins.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:43 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Binbird: I would say though, that if we have a willing sausage sizzler the decision should lie with him. . . . Over to you 22B!

OH would like Bobbin Head - he has to take his new truck in to have some shiny accessories fitted that morning in Hornsby and can cycle to BH from there.

I hope this is OK with everyone. For those of you without a Parks Pass, you may want to arrange a lift in to the Park. Otherwise it is $11 per vehicle. We could take 4 bums, meeting at the F3 entrance.

OH is also suggesting that we meet a little earlier than usual, to beat the crowds and the heat. Could people make 9:30ish for a 10am brunch barbie? (Not that we all have to turn up at once, but what is the general consensus?)

Finally, OH says he is willing to take the older kids on a bushwalk, but he says they have to have a hat, decent shoes and plenty of water.

- 22B
x
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:54 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Binbird: I would say though, that if we have a willing sausage sizzler the decision should lie with him. . . . Over to you 22B!!!!!

22B Hope the weather is kind for the bike ride..........
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I am happy to go to Bobbin Head, but to get there by 9.30ish, I would have to leave home about 8.30ish, which means getting up about 7.30 ish..

I don't get up before 8am on a school day, so school holidays would kill me...
I struggle to make a 10.30 meet on time, but hey thats just me...

I understand what you are saying though in relation to heat and crowds. If a really hot day is forecast, perhaps we would be better meeting at a beach... just a thought

x
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Sorry guys it looks like we may not make it any more. We've been invited out for someone's birthday. Will be sorry to miss the sausage sizzle! (but will think about you all when I'm still in my PJs at 10!)
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure we'll have to worry about it getting too hot!!!
We'll be there, I would prefer to say around 10ish, as like Soma I struggle with mornings, although not having to make a picnic will certainly save time.
So, who is actually coming along?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Also, I'm up for going to Fagan Park, so if anyone fancies that on Wed or Thurs let me know. Can't do Fri as we're having our medicals for PR.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:38 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Um exactly where is Bobbin Head? Sounds like somewhere in a nursery rhyme.
Bobbin Head is in Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park - those from the Hills get there via the entrance at Hornsby end whilst those nearer to the coast access it via the entrance at St Ives / Turramurra.

It looks like we will be lucky to scrape even 20 degrees on Tuesday so I don't think it will be too hot or busy there. I will aim to get there around 10am and will be bringing a newbie.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:51 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

We will be there at 10ish.

Q: I know everyone brings their own food - does that go for condiments and cooking oil also?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:30 am
Just Joined

CJes is an unknown quantity at this point

We are hoping to come on Tuesday and will aim to get there about 10am. Haven't been to Bobbin Head before, is there a meeting place to head for? Have only been to one meet-up before so hope I recognise faces/the group. C
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:44 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

We meet in the picnic area that has the central playground.

If coming from the Hornsby/F3 entrance it is on the right, just after the Bobbin Inn, before the little bridge.
If coming from the St.Ives/Turramurra entrance it is on the left, just after the little bridge, before the Bobbin Inn. (Funny that.)

As for recognising us..... listen for the British/Irish voices......... I will be there 10ish - 5'3'', red hair, 2yr old, OH on the bbq.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by binbird
Bobbin Head is in Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park - those from the Hills get there via the entrance at Hornsby end whilst those nearer to the coast access it via the entrance at St Ives / Turramurra.

It looks like we will be lucky to scrape even 20 degrees on Tuesday so I don't think it will be too hot or busy there. I will aim to get there around 10am and will be bringing a newbie.
Thank you BB.Was feeling a little ignored there!
I`ll get out the street directory.

For no.s count us as 5.
Everyone bring own bits & pieces/suaces etc.
I`ll bring a union flag so that any newbies can identify us......................
and I hope Tuesday is not as cold as today!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanH
Also, I'm up for going to Fagan Park, so if anyone fancies that on Wed or Thurs let me know. Can't do Fri as we're having our medicals for PR.
We would be up for Fagan Park, but it would have to be on Wednesday for us, because we are going away on Thursday for my birthday and our first anniversary of arriving in Oz.

We shall aim to be at Bobbin Head for 10am, see you then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.