Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney School holiday meets

Sydney School holiday meets

Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

cee1jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney School holiday meets

Only have Aaron on monday but NO transport so unless there is a bus I will have to miss out GRRRRH !
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Hi all
OK.Pennant Hills Park situation for tomorrows meet. PH Oval does not have bbq but lots of space/ shade.However,having lived here 9 months I finally visited the Lillian Fraser Garden,PH which also does not have bbq facilities but are rather enchanting with little lots of shady `hideaway` areas and certainly lots of spaces for the children to run around in.Its rather like a largish version of grannies garden not at all like the usual open spaces we meet at! We`d all have to bring our own food or nip down to the various take away shops at PH ,a short walk from gardens.
Hope this appeals.I do realise the reason PH was chosen was that I`ve so many extra chilodren tomorrow that I cannot drive anywhere so if you prefer to go elsewhere I will not be hurt, Well a bit possibly!
Otherwise shall we say 11am at Lillian Fraser Gardens,Pennant Hills
PM me for phone no/further directions.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:01 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Lillian Fraser Garden sounds good, I googled it for the address & found the following....doesn't state it has a toilet under facilities & I'm wondering if the last section might be relevent...?!?!? Your thoughts girls

Bellamy and Laurence Streets, Pennant Hills
Access is less than 2 kilometres walk along Ramsay Road from Pennant Hills railway station, or by car - turning off Boundary Road into Bellamy Street. The park is about 1km from Pennant Hills Station.
Booking enquiries: 0434 658 261.

THINGS TO DO

wander through the garden
picnics
weddings, christenings and small receptions (no alcohol permitted)
Guided tours by appointment

Facilities
small community room available for hire

Further Information

Donations welcome
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:03 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

This should have gone on the bottom of the last post

Donations welcome
Large groups and bus parties must make arrangements in advance
Children must be accompanied by adults and kept under control
Please take all you litter home
Please do not damage or remove plants
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I saw that on noticeboard outside park. Guess we are a large number but not strictly a `bus or party`.How many are definites for tomorrow? .
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

We will pop by for an hour or so, providing that I can keep my children under control (as in the rules). Saying that, we'll probably cope for 5 minutes, but if we feel the need to move on I will have 2 or 3 car spaces if that helps with your extras Wilgar?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. Lets see what happens tomorrow.
Otherwise there is small park by the PH library (which has swings & loos/ food shops etc) and lots of space to put down blankets and sit in shade etc to gossip but its not our usual kind of venue if you know what I mean.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:08 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a definite and I can take an extra two in the car if need be as well. Any park is good with me - will just be nice to get out of the house for a while.

So, are we going to start off at Lillian Fraser Garden? Sounds fabulous for Hide and Seek! Hope we don't loose any of the little cherubs!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: Sydney School holiday meets

Its a fab garden for hide & seek and I think it`ll be a fun & unique venue.Only problem being if there aren`t any loos we`ll have to nip upto garage(or perhaps litlle ones could `be discrete!) Yawn!I`m off to bed now so will next check this tomorrow right & early.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cee1jay
Only have Aaron on monday but NO transport so unless there is a bus I will have to miss out GRRRRH !
There are certainly buses from C.Hill to P.Hills, a 15 min run.Get off at PH station and walk up Ramsay Street.Pls pm if you do this and I`ll ensure you are met.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

We are happy to meet at Lillian Fraser Gardens at 11am, likewise I would have two spaces in my car if will needed to move on. See you all later.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

pinkie9999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Sydney School holiday meets

Hi SoMa

If you are going today could you text me as we will be out at swimming this morning many thank you's, pinkie x

Last edited by pinkie9999; Sep 28th 2008 at 10:18 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes planning on going, won't be able to go tomorrow now though.

Wilgar, I am right in thinking there will be no swings ect? Should I bring balls instead, or is this a not allowed?
Thanks..
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

cee1jay is an unknown quantity at this point

will have to give it a miss this week.....Aaron doesnt fancy the 1/2hr walk to the bus stop !
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SoMa
Yes planning on going, won't be able to go tomorrow now though.

Wilgar, I am right in thinking there will be no swings ect? Should I bring balls instead, or is this a not allowed?
Thanks..
SoMa
There are no swings etc but lots of little hidey spaces and run ways.You`ll see what I mean .
W

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.