Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Saturday Evening Drinks - Newtown pub crawl 22/12/07

Sydney Saturday Evening Drinks - Newtown pub crawl 22/12/07

Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Saturday Evening Drinks - Newtown pub crawl 22/12/07

Hi guys

Given the proximity to Christmas, we thought it may be the thing to do an Expats Christmas meet up.

To this end, we have decided to cancel the Thursday drinks for this week in favour of a cheeky pub crawl around Newtown on Saturday afternoon/evening.

Looking to start at The Town Hall pub in Newtown, which is next to the Rail station and the Bus stop. Starting from 4 pm onwards, we can take in the finest pubs that Newtown has to offer. There is no set plan, we will make it up as we go along using such random decision generators as coins and dice.

4 pm - Meet at the Town Hall pub, Newtown
5 pm - Have a bite to eat
6 pm - move on to the next pub

Normal Thursday CBD Drinks service will be resumed on January 3rd.

Any newcomers wishing to join up, just drop either myself or vix77 a private message and we will supply you with contact details.

Swerv-O
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney Saturday Evening Drinks - Newtown pub crawl 22/12/07

Needless to say, I will be there from the get go... about time I checked out my local pubs.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

I'm in, loving the idea of using a dice to make decisions....
Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonch
I'm in, loving the idea of using a dice to make decisions....

It's a die, multiple dice...

S
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's a die, multiple dice...

S
yeah, i wondered that when i wrote it but didn't think anyone would be pedantic enough to pick up on it.....
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:51 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bonch
yeah, i wondered that when i wrote it but didn't think anyone would be pedantic enough to pick up on it.....

Ah, but you didn't account for me!

Yours pedantically,

S
Old Dec 20th 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ah, but you didn't account for me!

Yours pedantically,

S
very true, my error.

so, is it just the three of us on saturday then?
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

StarJam will become famous soon enoughStarJam will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Would love to join you in the New Year (3rd January).

We've been here for over 3 years and have been going back every 8-11months. We just got back a month ago and this time we hope not to go back for at least 16months!

So looking forward to meeting up with a few poms!

Jan
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

We will be flying in on 25th Jan for a 2 week Recce, therefore if these things are still going on we would love to meet up with you guys so we can talk to people that have made the move.

The places that you go, do they allow children ? as we have a 4 yr old and obviously wont be in a position to use a babysitter
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:13 am
Just Joined

stevetaylor47 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm definitely up for the next one...

Cheers
Steve
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:07 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by stevetaylor47
I'm definitely up for the next one...

Cheers
Steve

Next meet up will be the on Jan 3rd, for any that think they can make it. It may be a quiet affair, as many of our number will still be away.

If it looks like it will be a quiet affair, and the New Year hangovers haven't quite worn off, then we may postpone to the Thursday after. Watch this thread, and all will become apparent!

S
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi guys, how was xmas and the new year. You all still alive after a month of drinking and eating obscene amounts of food?

I am just back from xmas in the UK and 'still' full of fever and now conjuntivitis, jesus i love those long flights. So do we have a plan for next Thursday, hopefully i will be better by then but if not i am still going.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:43 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by StarJam
Hi there,

Would love to join you in the New Year (3rd January).

We've been here for over 3 years and have been going back every 8-11months. We just got back a month ago and this time we hope not to go back for at least 16months!

So looking forward to meeting up with a few poms!

Jan

Hi guys,

Sorry about the 3rd of January meet up - I guess everyone was still feeling very seedy after the new year.

Onwards and upwards though, and the next meet up is planned for this Thursday at Paddy Maguires Irish pub in Chinatown.

Here is the thread that shows our less than organised decision making process:

Link

Not too sure about the regulations for kids here to be honest. I don't think that that question has ever arisen before.

Hope to see you there,

S
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:56 pm
Banned

randomdelusion will become famous soon enoughrandomdelusion will become famous soon enough

I would have gone but meeting people you meet on the internet is just weird *hides*
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:05 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by randomdelusion
I would have gone but meeting people you meet on the internet is just weird *hides*

Oh yes, I can assure you that we are all chainsaw wielding freaks that sit down all evening discussing the merits of petrol over electric and sharpening our blades...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.