Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney salaries for "finance" type jobs

Sydney salaries for "finance" type jobs

Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney salaries for "finance" type jobs

Don't want to start any big debates or "accountants are over paid blah blah blah rubbish....."

I've seen some job adverts for various finance jobs that are accountancy based needing qualification as a pre-requisite. These aren't auditors or bookkeepers or public accountants.....they are mostly in private companies
large and small needing a lot of high quality skills sets:

ERP exeprience
excellent communication skills - written, oral, presentation - for director level
management skills to lead teams
analysis skills
developing strategies
forecasting
cultural diversity
persuasive skills
negotiation skills. etc etc

Is AS $150,000 working in the Sydney CBD going to provide enough for a very decent lifestyle.........if I can borrow 3x that salary, how far our of the CBD
do I have to live to get a nice 4x2 house ?

Just some general comments please no sniping about boring accountants that the world doesn't need.....

I've seen lots of jobs that range between $50,000 and $190,000 and I've no clue where to pitch myself.........
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:41 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney salaries for "finance" type jobs

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

Is AS $150,000 working in the Sydney CBD going to provide enough for a very decent lifestyle.........if I can borrow 3x that salary, how far our of the CBD
do I have to live to get a nice 4x2 house ?

Just some general comments please no sniping about boring accountants that the world doesn't need.....

I've seen lots of jobs that range between $50,000 and $190,000 and I've no clue where to pitch myself.........
It depends on your experience, ten years in accountancy with good career progression and possibly work with the Big 4 should put you around the $150k bracket. Is this enough for Sydney? Well, probably, depends how many kids you've got (and bedrooms you need) and whthere you need two cars or could take public transport.

For the bigger companies take your current UK salary, convert to $ and then lop off about 20%, that's what you should aim for (i.e. aim to get, not negotiate down from). So if on 60k GBP then you want about $120-150k I would say.

I don't live in Sydeny, but I'd guess you may be 30km out to get a 4x2 for under $500k.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:30 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney salaries for "finance" type jobs

Been answered before?

What salary to go for?

Salary Survey: Accounting and Finance