sydney riots

Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:11 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sydney riots

Originally Posted by soapy
what makes me laugh is when they say 30 people rioted
They call that a riot???
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:28 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
They call that a riot???
Yeh its daft.
I can just about see it now. A police van pulls up in the area and about six police get out.
Wonder what’s going on there?
I bet its to do with that car chase, B*******
Lets shout something and run like hell
Police give chase, then someone else shouts something.
Call in reinforcements! (From both sides lol)
Now u have 30 kids (teens) and about 50 odd police.
Someone spits at the police.
Police make a few steps forward, trying to grab anyone of the crowd.
Someone throws a plastic bottle.
Few more attempts bye the police to get someone.
Someone else thinks this is a great idea and throws a stick, and then they grab anything they can find.
Add a pinch of salt some pepper and abracadabra a RIOT
Now considering most of these kids have done nothing after school for the last few years. Throwing a brick at a police officer must constitute good fun.
That’s not really a riot. Just a bunch of teens with nothing to do and knowing if there is a crowd of them, there less chance of getting caught.
Wake up the next day, go to school again, nothing to do that night either.
Lets go throw a few more bricks at the police ‘they only got about 3 of us last night.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:46 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Nothing to do, eh? More like nothing going on up top - parents or kids. But what to do with the kids of vacuous parents?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:08 pm
rudo1ph

WOW, what a horrible thread. You guys certainly need some lessons in tolerance.

OK, so the kids stole a car - it is wrong to steal, but to wish them dead? Wow, that's harsh. They are kids for goodness sake.

It's a low socio-economic area. Is that their fault? Do they choose this when they are born? Do they get to go to a decent school with the best, and most dedicated teachers? With such a lousy education do they then get to go onto higher education in order to get the better jobs for the future? NO NO NO NO AND NO, with very few exceptions.

Guys please. Have a little respect - there are two families out there who are probably breaking apart right now with grief from loosing the kids they loved.

Rudi

Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rudo1ph

OK, so the kids stole a car - it is wrong to steal, but to wish them dead? Wow, that's harsh. They are kids for goodness sake.

It's a low socio-economic area. Is that their fault? Do they choose this when they are born? Do they get to go to a decent school with the best, and most dedicated teachers? With such a lousy education do they then get to go onto higher education in order to get the better jobs for the future? NO NO NO NO AND NO, with very few exceptions.

Guys please. Have a little respect - there are two families out there who are probably breaking apart right now with grief from loosing the kids they loved.

Rudi
How do you know the kids were lurved?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:15 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rudo1ph

Rudi
I'm with you Rudi, I can't believe all the sh*t I'm reading on this forum recently. It seems every other poster is a closet Enoch Powell.

"send in the army" "round them up" "shoot them" what sort of people is Australia letting in these days? a bunch of Alf Garnetts by the sounds of it.

Maybe its a reaction from Rose Tinters who can't believe Australia isn't the paradise portrayed on the TV.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by renth
I'm with you Rudi, I can't believe all the sh*t I'm reading on this forum recently. It seems every other poster is a closet Enoch Powell.

"send in the army" "round them up" "shoot them" what sort of people is Australia letting in these days? a bunch of Alf Garnetts by the sounds of it.

Maybe its a reaction from Rose Tinters who can't believe Australia isn't the paradise portrayed on the TV.
The environment in which these "kids" grow up is less than conducive to "growth".
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:55 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jad n rich]The mother summed it up, theres nothing for them to do, nowhere to go, they turn to drugs, alcohol, crime, stealing cars for joyrides, the misery of the suburbs.

[QUOTE]

And to think.... A lot of people on this forum are moving out of the UK to get away from places like this.. Are they in for a shock if they get settled in and find out what their new piece of utopia actually has the same social issues as the place they moved away from originally....
Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:11 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by renth
Actually renth.... some of the bullets were not fired by the "Rose Tinters" ....

And Rudi, they might be kids [think most of them looked about 17/18years old?]...but they were certainly old enough to know what it was they were doing. They could have killed some innocent bystanders whilst driving those stolen cars. Someone's kid, mum,dad, sister, brother etc

I think shooting them or whatever was said previously was harsh however the posters probably meant it as a figure of speech i.e they deserve hard punishment...... rather than shoot them literally

And to put this into context: How many people live in Sydney? And 30 people [young adults/teenagers]gave the bobbies a bad time.

Not exactly Zulu dawn was it

Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:20 am
Just Joined

goosesoup will become famous soon enoughgoosesoup will become famous soon enough

I should have posted this here - but did not - woops!

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...d.php?t=287161

Its funny, man... hope you smile too...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The mother summed it up, theres nothing for them to do, nowhere to go, they turn to drugs, alcohol, crime, stealing cars for joyrides, the misery of the suburbs.

I too think the army should have been brough in, if the police couldnt handle it. 4 days of riots, and last night the police had decided to back off to allow it to calm down.
I think that's the classic excuse, 'nothing for them to do'. I don't believe anyone can ever find themselves in a situation where there's nothing to do. People choose to hang around, bemoaning the lack of facilities rather than just doing something worthwhile.

As a kid, there wasn't a great deal to do in the area where I grew up, but we managed to amuse ourselves without turning to crime.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

whenever anyhting like this happens - Uk/Aus/Wherever it always seems to be followed by a very predictable parade of tree hugging pinkos who want to blame anyone and everyone except the little tits who committed the crime.

The problems IMHO come from the fact that too many of the aforementioned apologists have got their way in regard to policing and the courts. None of the so called 'rioters' is expecting to actually get caught or actually serve a penalty for anything they do.

Personally, at the risk of being branded Enoch Powell, I would have liked to see the police give them the good slap they so richly deserve, as clearly the courts of this land will not be inspired to do so for the benefit of the wider community.

I am now donning my asbestos underwear and tin hat in advance of the deluge.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 5:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RichS
whenever anyhting like this happens - Uk/Aus/Wherever it always seems to be followed by a very predictable parade of tree hugging pinkos who want to blame anyone and everyone except the little tits who committed the crime.

The problems IMHO come from the fact that too many of the aforementioned apologists have got their way in regard to policing and the courts. None of the so called 'rioters' is expecting to actually get caught or actually serve a penalty for anything they do.

Personally, at the risk of being branded Enoch Powell, I would have liked to see the police give them the good slap they so richly deserve, as clearly the courts of this land will not be inspired to do so for the benefit of the wider community.

Do they do asbestos gbangers?
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:01 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The driver of the car handed himself into the place who released him because they had nothing to charge him with. Then they start a manhunt for him!
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:08 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RichS

I thought that those police had guns

Put them aginst the wall and shoot em

Alternatively they could be put under house arrest in the UK

Bye
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.