Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sydney opera house at christmas

sydney opera house at christmas

Old May 28th 2004, 10:52 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default sydney opera house at christmas

hello again.can anyone tell me whats on at the opera house over christmas and new year.a work mate is over for a couple of weeks and as a surprise he wants to book a pair of tickets for his wifes birthday but i have to do the leg work so that she wont see anything on there computer (its amazing how far some people will go just to get a leg over) can anyone give me a web address or a phone number.also will there be a strict dress code or will it just be smart pant and shirt.cheers jonni boy and can i just say what a top web site ex pats is.we have only been using it daily since we got our visas a couple of months ago and the amount of top information we have found is superb.its great to see so many helpfull people out there and as a family with 3 kids with no family or friends over there to ask this site is a god send so a big thank you to everyone out there and keep up the good work. jonni boy and family
Old May 28th 2004, 11:06 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sydney opera house at christmas

Re Sydney Opera House

Hiya

Try this website..it's got exactly what you need.
Been there..they'll have a great time!

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/h/home.asp

Dave
Old May 29th 2004, 7:01 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by jonni boy
hello again.can anyone tell me whats on at the opera house over christmas and new year.a work mate is over for a couple of weeks and as a surprise he wants to book a pair of tickets for his wifes birthday but i have to do the leg work so that she wont see anything on there computer (its amazing how far some people will go just to get a leg over) can anyone give me a web address or a phone number.also will there be a strict dress code or will it just be smart pant and shirt.cheers jonni boy

It's a fab atmosphere in the Opera House during the month of December - I've been several times. Your mate's wifey will love it! As for dress codes, people seem to wear what they like, but most people look quite tidy. The Sydneysider women (and the local drag queens ) often use it as an excuse to bring out their posh frocks. Not all the blokes wore jackets, but I don't recall anyone in shorts, sandals etc (probably as much because the aircon can be a bit fierce!). Plenty of T-shirts in evidence! So I'd say chinos & an open neck shirt for him & her fave dress & strappy sandals for her!

Do tell them that the views of the harbor from the rear bar are unmissable, so to go get a glass of Aussie champagne at the interval!

Hope that helps,
Anya.
Old May 31st 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jonni boy
hello again.can anyone tell me whats on at the opera house over christmas and new year.
We've always found it closed around Christmas as they prepare for the NYE festivities.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

A little of the topic, but in mid May I visited Adelaide, via Sydney. I was absolutely stunned by how beautiful the Sydney Opera House looked as we flew over the city to the airport.

Gill