Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Opera House 30 Years old

Sydney Opera House 30 Years old

Old Oct 19th 2003, 5:44 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Opera House 30 Years old

http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...065807,00.html

And the archichtect still has not seen the building.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 5:48 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney Opera House 30 Years old

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.guardian.co.uk/australia/...065807,00.html

And the archichtect still has not seen the building.
I used to like to go past the opera house on my way to work but really did not like the "toaster" they put up behind it. Upset a lot of people apart from those wealthy enough to afford the apartments. Is it still a talking point the toaster or have people got over it?
Old Oct 19th 2003, 5:51 am

Originally posted by nicholls clan
I used to like to go past the opera house on my way to work but really did not like the "toaster" they put up behind it. Upset a lot of people apart from those wealthy enough to afford the apartments. Is it still a talking point the toaster or have people got over it?
No longer an issue. I remember all the different levels of government blaming each other. The toaster has some politically powerful residents like Alan Jones.

Not many other countries would block the view of its icon with a boring apartment block.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 5:58 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by bondipom
No longer an issue. I remember all the different levels of government blaming each other. The toaster has some politically powerful residents like Alan Jones.

Not many other countries would block the view of its icon with a boring apartment block.
I agree, could see that in front of Nelsons column or Big ben. Then again we did put up the ferris wheel in london, they call the London Eye(sore).
Old Oct 19th 2003, 6:07 am
WBB

Originally posted by nicholls clan
I agree, could see that in front of Nelsons column or Big ben. Then again we did put up the ferris wheel in london, they call the London Eye(sore).

what a view though from the london eye, it is amazing how much and how far you can see.

Old Oct 19th 2003, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

The view from the top of syd harbour bridge is much better!!!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 9:33 am

I used to work on the 20 floor of a building in North Sydney. On a clear down you could see the blue mountains to the west and the ocean to the East.

Centre Point tower offers a better and cheaper view than the bridge but the bridge looks much more fun.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 1:23 pm
WBB

Originally posted by steandleigh
The view from the top of syd harbour bridge is much better!!!

have not had that pleasure yet, but im sure the view is fantastic.

i did see billy connolly up there on his world tour and it took the old fart a couple of hours to climb it, i have climbed pen-y-fan in less time than that.