Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney NYE ideas / meet-up?

Sydney NYE ideas / meet-up?

Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:47 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney NYE ideas / meet-up?

Originally Posted by hotfuss
I think Balmain is one of the councils that have joined in the party pooper brigade yesterday and banned alcohol on NYE?

I can see the bridge from my front gate if I stand on a ladder.. I wonder will I be allowed bring a bottle of bubbles up with me?!!

Yes, Balmain has joined the party poopers

S
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

nadine23 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hotfuss
I think Balmain is one of the councils that have joined in the party pooper brigade yesterday and banned alcohol on NYE?

I can see the bridge from my front gate if I stand on a ladder.. I wonder will I be allowed bring a bottle of bubbles up with me?!!
Balmain has banned alcohol this year at East Balmain all around the ferry wharf and foreshore there. Birchgrove Oval has great views and you can take alcohol, as does Mort Bay Park in Balmain. Just avoid East Balmain if you want to drink!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, Balmain has joined the party poopers

S
Last year they were selling cans of beer and RTD's on the street in the rocks! I was very suprised walking home at 2am to see a couple of blokes selling booze at that time in the street. Go on then one for the bus trip home!
Old Dec 15th 2011, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

hotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant futurehotfuss has a brilliant future

I've just noticed that the Kiribilli Hotel isn't charging in on NYE.. Assume it would be crazy busy though.. Has anyone been there on NYE before?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

We are looking for something to do on NYE too. Definitly up for a balmain pub crawl if anyone else is.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

KMurph is an unknown quantity at this point

any luck with New Year Eve???
Old Dec 26th 2011, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on trying to find something suitable for NYE, we are going to the Hunter Valley instead. Next year will definitely book tickets somewhere so we can see the fireworks without having to stand around for ten hours first.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 9:05 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

According to the website there are still tickets available for Midnight at the Oasis, a dinner and DJ thing in the Botanic Gardens.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi... I am looking for somewhere to go NYE although I have family here they have seen it and done it! so unlikely to go out..... so its either sit in with them or venture out on own....... ideas for 'on your own in the city NYE?????? omg at sounds sad!!!! oh and I am the wrong side of 40!!!

Last edited by KMurph; Dec 26th 2011 at 10:00 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

What do you want to do? If it's just to see the fireworks, get yourself down to one of the vantage points - early - and I'm sure you'll soon start talking to somebody.

http://www.sydneynewyearseve.com/van...age-point-list

The bottom of Blues Point Rd has a fabulous view but gets crazy very early and they'll close access when it gets too full.

For a fiver you can go down to Barangaroo, have some mates doing that this year. http://www.barangaroo.com/your-place.../nye-2011.aspx

TBH, I've reached the stage where I'm not convinced the fireworks justify the hassle of being in a crush or getting home afterwards, but it has to be done at least once (Did mine ten years ago, from a boat on the harbour - on my wedding day.)
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Seasider... what a great way for end your wedding day.....

Have seen the fireworks before!!! yes the crowds.... was thinking about Barangaroo as only live 5 mins from were I live.. really appreciate the link......
may seen if the family want to come to this side of the bridge for the evening after all....

thanks again
Old Dec 30th 2011, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Still tickets available for cruise bar if anyones is stuck outside with the masses

http://cruisebar.oztix.com.au/default.aspx?Event=23707

Go level 3 though great view of the opera house for the 9pm fireworks then nip out to the otherside for the bridgeview at midnight. Great stuff and no q's for the bar or toilets!!