Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:07 am
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

We arrived in May, moved into Mount Annan home in late June

Yes 'very' later 30s

Preston is near the Arabic/Turkish Treasure and Trash market right ?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Originally Posted by sinderelle

Yes 'very' later 30s

Hey Guys !!
Sorry !!
Have been working loads and then was away up to Bathurst for car racing , Jenolan caves with the kids, railways , school holidays , blah, blah, blah !! Back today, work tommorrow and weds and then away again !! It's a hard life !!
I have organised a meet at the botanic gardens before but no-one came !!! I have since met people , mainly thru work !
I will organise another , if you tell me what you want, Inside school hours ?? No kids ?? coffee in peace that kind of thing ?? Or, weekend with kids ?
Just let me know !!
See you all soon,
Tass
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tass
Campbelltown. I'm nurse in local hospital.The area is SYdney South West. Liverpool is trama center , then Campbelltown and Camden. It is just as you describe. We are 35-40mins by train to opera house, 25-30mins to local beaches at Thirroul, Bulli, Coledale, Austinmer and about 50mins to Katoomba, blue mountains. It is a well developed area with several large shopping malls but rural at the same time. Look for macarthur area. I think you are Camden type of people. Will post you more links when I have time. All the best,
Tass.
Four Corners has done a program on "Camden type of people" http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/conte...8/s2181743.htm
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Yes 'very' later 30s

Yeah, but we are the other side of Prestons...near Casula Mall.

I went to Trash & Treasure when we were on our reckie trip last year, but not been since we got here.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Guys !!
Sorry !!
Have been working loads and then was away up to Bathurst for car racing , Jenolan caves with the kids, railways , school holidays , blah, blah, blah !! Back today, work tommorrow and weds and then away again !! It's a hard life !!
I have organised a meet at the botanic gardens before but no-one came !!! I have since met people , mainly thru work !
I will organise another , if you tell me what you want, Inside school hours ?? No kids ?? coffee in peace that kind of thing ?? Or, weekend with kids ?
Just let me know !!
See you all soon,
Tass
Shame no-one came last time. We would be interested, went to a couple of meets in Kent (with Asher) which we quite enjoyed. We both work during the week & don't get home til after 6, so weekend would be better for us. We don't have kids, but doesn't bother us if kids are there.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Re: Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Originally Posted by Banksia
Four Corners has done a program on "Camden type of people" http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/conte...8/s2181743.htm
Hey !!! Surprise !! If it's on the TV then EVERYTHING it says must be true !!!
Come down to Camden and judge for yourself.You've probably NEVER been there have you ??
I have absolutely no problems and I am a Proud Scottish Australian of English, Pakistani/Indian parents.
All the best to you MATE !!
Tass.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Shame no-one came last time. We would be interested, went to a couple of meets in Kent (with Asher) which we quite enjoyed. We both work during the week & don't get home til after 6, so weekend would be better for us. We don't have kids, but doesn't bother us if kids are there.
Excellant !! Will wait for a few more replys and get back to you !
I work every weekend so might just have to organise a date and see what we can do !
All the best,
Tass.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

poppyjasper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Can I join in please?

We have been here since Jan and started off in Mount Annan and have now moved to Kirkham just outside Camden.
Kids friends are all in Mt Annan/Currans Hill though so I'm still up there most days.

I dont work yet so I'm available for get-togethers anytime.
I'm 41 and hubby is 45 and we have 3 kids 19, 17 and 12.

Look forward to meeting some of you sometime.

Thanks
P x
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Originally Posted by poppyjasper
Hi Everyone,

Can I join in please?

We have been here since Jan and started off in Mount Annan and have now moved to Kirkham just outside Camden.
Kids friends are all in Mt Annan/Currans Hill though so I'm still up there most days.

I dont work yet so I'm available for get-togethers anytime.
I'm 41 and hubby is 45 and we have 3 kids 19, 17 and 12.

Look forward to meeting some of you sometime.

Thanks
P x

Hi !! Good to meet you !
Will be in touch as soon as we get a few more !
Kirkham ?? Near the winery ???
All the best !
Tass.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi !! Good to meet you !
Will be in touch as soon as we get a few more !
Kirkham ?? Near the winery ???
All the best !
Tass.
Thanks, nice to meet you too.
I know another family from Harrington Park who would probably be interested as well.
Where abouts are you?

P x
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:53 am
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Just let me know !!
See you all soon,
Tass

Your last meet was a bit before our time (jan 2008 i see from the archives)

We're me and hubby (i don't work) with 8 year old daughter

Looking for

g/f for gossip and bitch session during school hours
Friends in general anytime
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Looking for

Hi
I'm free to meet up during the day, most days if you want

P x
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Sydney / NSW local knowledge needed please

Originally Posted by poppyjasper
Hi
I'm free to meet up during the day, most days if you want

P x
Hi Again !

I Can do next week, Tuesday or Wednesday, duing school hours. If you guys meet before thats fine, I'll catch you another day.
Otherwise, let me know !
All the best,
Tass. x
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Again !

I Can do next week, Tuesday or Wednesday, duing school hours. If you guys meet before thats fine, I'll catch you another day.
Otherwise, let me know !
All the best,
Tass. x

Thats good for me, look forward to meeting you

P x
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking for

LOL!! So it was !! Didn't realise it was soooo long ago !!
Can you manage next tues or weds ??
Tass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.