Reload this Page >

Sydney New Years Eve Cruises

Sydney New Years Eve Cruises

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:45 am
drb
Forum Regular

drb is on a distinguished road
Default Sydney New Years Eve Cruises

has anyone done a nye cruise in sydney? my parents and brother are coming over from UK for xmas and new year and we're flying down from gold coast and staying in sydney for new year and thinking of doing a cruise to see the fireworks etc.
Have been looking around and prices seem to start from $400 upwards each but there seems to be loads to choose from. The Bass & Flinders one looks ok but was hoping for advice off anyone who has been on any nye cruise before.
Thanks in advance if anyone replies
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:19 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney New Years Eve Cruises

I have but it was a private charter so can't really recommend you one that you just join in on. I will say - make sure you know what "all inclusive" includes, as I was a bit gobsmacked to get on ours and be handed a can of VB. (and it was our wedding night, too. )

We may be doing similar to you this year, and we've been warned that most of them will be booked up by now so better get on with it. I hear Bass & Flinders do fantastic whale-watching and helicopter trips so would think the NYE cruises will be of a similar standard.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:50 pm
drb
Forum Regular

drb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seasider
I have but it was a private charter so can't really recommend you one that you just join in on. I will say - make sure you know what "all inclusive" includes, as I was a bit gobsmacked to get on ours and be handed a can of VB. (and it was our wedding night, too. )

We may be doing similar to you this year, and we've been warned that most of them will be booked up by now so better get on with it. I hear Bass & Flinders do fantastic whale-watching and helicopter trips so would think the NYE cruises will be of a similar standard.
yeah, suppose i should ring them today and find out. Spoke to my parents last night and they seem to want to go on the more expensive one (typical!!) which is $550 per ticket. Was just trying to find out if they are really worth that amount of money??
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hi

We did one a couple of years ago with Captain Cook (I think). It wasn't a very expensive one, as we had kids and needed a menu that would suit the whole family, not just seafood!!!

It was a really good evening, would recommend a cruise.

Bj
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

I did the captain cook one when my family came to visit me for NYE just gone, it was good and they had something for everyone (I hate seafood) and all the other ones I found only did seafood.

Book as early as possible, I had to get it last min at it was $850 each. Definitely worth it though.

Mikey
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:37 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
it was $850 each. Mikey
'kinell. Party at ours?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

gday,

we went on the cheapest package with captain cook a few years ago and we had a ball it was food and drink all inclusive ,there was a good mix of people and it was such a laugh were as we were passing the more expensive cruises in there black ties and they seemed quite boring anyway book asap good luck stu
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

The Stevenses will become famous soon enoughThe Stevenses will become famous soon enough

If anyone has been on one of these types of cruises for NYE could you tell me if they tend to be for families with children or more of an adults only type of thing?

Have 3 children the youngest being 7 and wondered if this sort of thing would be suitable although very expensive as have visiting parents too!!

Thanks
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

If anyone has been on one of these types of cruises for NYE could you tell me if they tend to be for families with children or more of an adults only type of thing?

Have 3 children the youngest being 7 and wondered if this sort of thing would be suitable although very expensive as have visiting parents too!!
Hi

When we went, our girls were 8 and 12. They brought their DS and enjoyed the everything about the evening, especially the fireworks!!

BjW