Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney for new year?

Sydney for new year?

Old Oct 16th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney for new year?

Theres a crowd of us thinking of going to syney for the new year,and i guess we ve left it a bit late,can anyone recommend some where to stay b&b apartment, caravans anywhere we might get in at short notice

thanks in advance tracey
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:18 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney for new year?

Sydney Central YHA, its pretty good on double rooms.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, do they have a website i can look at?
Originally Posted by rapitts
Sydney Central YHA, its pretty good on double rooms.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:38 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scissors
thanks, do they have a website i can look at?

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/details.cfm?hostelid=29

is the link for thread above

boomie
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

hostels might not be the way to go with kids
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:00 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to spend New Year in Sydney.

I remember my first New Year in Trafalgar Square.

It was recorded that 100,000 people attended, we were all searched as we went in.

The Metropolitan Police were great and I do remember having a cuddle with a huge police horse.

You can't hear when midnight comes, the only way we knew was when the fountain thing in the middle, on the bit where they flash messages in lights on the top bit of the fountain.

It went from 'don't bring bottles and glass into Tralagar' and suddenly changed to 'Happy New Year from the Metropolitan Police'

Everyone went mad, strangers hugging each other, I got a kiss from a policeman (well you have to don't you).

The atmosphere was great, the tubes were free, it was packed.

Another time we went, it was Abdel, myself and my pal. We were right by the wall bit where there is a drop and people underneath you.

As the crowd surged forward, I was crushed and just my head peaking out.

That was bloody scarey, Abdel tried to help me up but couldn't so some huge copper from underneath us, told me to climb on the wall and I was one of those people that had to be dropped down to the bottom.

Hundreds of us had to be rescued and dropped down.

Priceless, New Year in Trafalgar. Although London did us proud with the fireworks display last year.

We don't really go out New Year now, it's normally too hard to travel but we ALWAYS have Big Ben to see the New Year in.

Sidney, well that for me is a dream.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres a crowd of us thinking of going to syney for the new year,and i guess we ve left it a bit late,can anyone recommend some where to stay b&b apartment, caravans anywhere we might get in at short notice

thanks in advance tracey

oh just how jealous am i!!!!????
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

hostels might not be the way to go with kids

yeah i know that..... but you asked for the link..... and also mentioned.... bed and breakfast or caravan..... so the poster must of presumed cheap accommo....

boomie
xxxx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hiya sam darlin,why not come with us,that is an invite we got room would love to see you again.

tracey
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I would love to spend New Year in Sydney.

I remember my first New Year in Trafalgar Square.

It was recorded that 100,000 people attended, we were all searched as we went in.

The Metropolitan Police were great and I do remember having a cuddle with a huge police horse.

You can't hear when midnight comes, the only way we knew was when the fountain thing in the middle, on the bit where they flash messages in lights on the top bit of the fountain.

It went from 'don't bring bottles and glass into Tralagar' and suddenly changed to 'Happy New Year from the Metropolitan Police'

Everyone went mad, strangers hugging each other, I got a kiss from a policeman (well you have to don't you).

The atmosphere was great, the tubes were free, it was packed.

Another time we went, it was Abdel, myself and my pal. We were right by the wall bit where there is a drop and people underneath you.

As the crowd surged forward, I was crushed and just my head peaking out.

That was bloody scarey, Abdel tried to help me up but couldn't so some huge copper from underneath us, told me to climb on the wall and I was one of those people that had to be dropped down to the bottom.

Hundreds of us had to be rescued and dropped down.

Priceless, New Year in Trafalgar. Although London did us proud with the fireworks display last year.

We don't really go out New Year now, it's normally too hard to travel but we ALWAYS have Big Ben to see the New Year in.

Sidney, well that for me is a dream.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hiya hunny
not to much longer for you,have you decided where to go yet,are you still thinking if brissy?
Originally Posted by Rooksie
oh just how jealous am i!!!!????
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

hiya sam darlin,why not come with us,that is an invite we got room would love to see you again.

tracey

(sigh)

I would love to. But on a student nurses wage and all our holidays are dictated to us.

Next year though. I dream to spend it in Sydney.

I got searched in Sydney once, they had my shoes and socks off, my belt off and I was thoroughly frisked.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya hunny
not to much longer for you,have you decided where to go yet,are you still thinking if brissy?
brissie or sunshine coast i think mate (or gold coast or brisbane!!!!!!! )

Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

anyone no of any guest houses,motels travel inns ect anywhere we can get in really as we ve left it a bit late,must be child friendly though
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

frisked eh lucky bugga
next year then thats a date
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
(sigh)

I would love to. But on a student nurses wage and all our holidays are dictated to us.

Next year though. I dream to spend it in Sydney.

I got searched in Sydney once, they had my shoes and socks off, my belt off and I was thoroughly frisked.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

you sound like youve made up your mind mate
Originally Posted by Rooksie
brissie or sunshine coast i think mate (or gold coast or brisbane!!!!!!! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.