Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney meet 2005

Sydney meet 2005

Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney meet 2005

Sorry Soapy, I don't think we'll be able to make this one either! I'm not avoiding you, promise, but the 20th is my sons birthday, so no doubt I'll have a house full of teenage boys round, either that or I'll have to be the taxi driver to wherever. Beleive me I'd rather come and have a relaxing afternoon chatting to you lot. If the date changes for any reason let me know, otherwise see you next time (I'm sure there'll be a next time).
Sue
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yafm
Thanks for the nudge Soapy I have not been into the xpats site recently. Yes would love to meet on 20th Feb and great to go back to the best site at the botonaical gardens. I prefer the picnic to the BBQ as it is always so much hanging around and then the food is often cold by the time you get to eat it.
Good idea to meet at the cafe and then go to the 'grassy knoll' with the kids - we can always leave a notice for the late comers to say which direction to walk in.......

Usual time? just after 12.30 onwards??
Good to meet some new faces and the old (sorry about that) ones as well.

yeh, that sounds like a good time for me. i think the meet is starting to take off now. looks like its going to be a big one
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macquarie
Hi

Thanks for the reminder soapy. Not sure if we can make it or not yet but might just turn up on the day if we can.

Hi Yvonne & Colin, hows it going? 12.30 sounds like a good time to me Yvonne - don't have to get up too early for the drive down then.

If we don't make it - have a good day everyone.

Julie
well Julie lets hope u can make it. it looks like it will be a great day
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:06 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
We are going to try to make it, it depends if Dave has a suprise weekend away planned for my birthday!

ha ha guess we'll probably see you then, but it's not definite, can you pencil us in for now?

Thanks Soapy,
Stace & Dave
you will make it, the meet is the suprise dave has for your birthday
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by SueandIan
Sorry Soapy, I don't think we'll be able to make this one either! I'm not avoiding you, promise, but the 20th is my sons birthday, so no doubt I'll have a house full of teenage boys round, either that or I'll have to be the taxi driver to wherever. Beleive me I'd rather come and have a relaxing afternoon chatting to you lot. If the date changes for any reason let me know, otherwise see you next time (I'm sure there'll be a next time).
Sue
aww sue, not again. ah well i hope ur son has a great day and u dont need to do too much driving.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and the better half (not!!) haha, are looking forward to meeting up with everyone, as still dont know many people here yet, apart from work collegues anyway
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by suzysu
Me and the better half (not!!) haha, are looking forward to meeting up with everyone, as still dont know many people here yet, apart from work collegues anyway
then this is the right time. to get to know people
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we will be there. Ian, Robert, Richard and Lee

undefined

Originally Posted by soapy
Right i think its time to sort out the first meet of 2005
how is 20th of Feb sound ?????
how about having it in the old place. the Botanic Gardens in the city.
it seems more central for everyone. most of the people from the south (i mean real south)find it harder to get to the north for some reason. parking is not great but neith has it been at any other of the meets. took me 20 mins to find a space at the last 2. but im willing to listen to reason. if anyone has better ideas about the place or the date. let me know.
im starting this now so everyone has time to plan ahead.
it would also be nice to have some posters who have been here for years to turn out
so ive gave u a time and a date. u lot can work it out from there
lets try to make it the largest meet so far !!!!!!!!!
it will take a lot to beat the last one at the gardens. nearly 40 adutls and about 10 kids turned out.

soapy
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Ian12
Yes we will be there. Ian, Robert, Richard and Lee

undefined
hi ian, we look forward to seeing u all again. how are u settling now?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Myself and the wife will try and make this one. We always seem to be doing something during when the meets are planned.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Chardonnay will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=soapy]Right i think its time to sort out the first meet of 2005

Hi Soapy,

How's it going? Happy New Year to everyone. Thanks for your email. We hadn't seen the thread. Unfortunately we won't be able to make the meet as we will be in New Zealand At least you won't have to worry about me taking your picture

Have a drink for us

Cheers,
Sharon & Chad
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

maxineb is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=soapy]Right i think its time to sort out the first meet of 2005

Thanks for the email. We will be there, its hubby's birthday on the 22nd so maybe i could bring him to the meet instead of forking out for a night out (or is that a bit tight?) Anyway, let us know the time and we'll be there.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

maxineb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squalks
Moved here from UK a little over two months ago, it would be lovely to meet up and make some new friends, what is the drill for these gatherings? We have a 1 year old too, are small children welcome? Our social life is not what it used to be back in the UK and we are missing adult company
Hi there,
we moved here just over 5 months ago and we too found the drop in social life the hardest thing. We left a very busy pub life and lots of friends behind and we find it difficult getting used to not being invited out every two minutes. The upside is that we spend more time together as a family without the pub interfering and we are getting used to it slowly. It would just be nice to have someone to have a good drink with and a real laugh. We are going to the meet in Feb so we might see you there. Also we are not too far from you so you could send a pm maybe. Good luck
Maxine
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Originally Posted by soapy
Right i think its time to sort out the first meet of 2005
it seems more central for everyone. most of the people from the south (i mean real south)find it harder to get to the north for some reason. parking is not great but neith has it been at any other of the meets. took me 20 mins to find a space at the last 2. but im willing to listen to reason. if anyone has better ideas about the place or the date. let me know.
im starting this now so everyone has time to plan ahead.
it would also be nice to have some posters who have been here for years to turn out
so ive gave u a time and a date. u lot can work it out from there
lets try to make it the largest meet so far !!!!!!!!!
it will take a lot to beat the last one at the gardens. nearly 40 adutls and about 10 kids turned out.

soapy
Hiya mate - Thanks for the mail soapy and of course we will attend on the 20th at 12.30 ( seems likes thats decided ) Look forward to seeing you again.We have had a few changes since we last met ( all good ) and hope to see lots of new faces as well as most of you guys we have already met.

See next month Barry and Carol
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by John Howard
Myself and the wife will try and make this one. We always seem to be doing something during when the meets are planned.
hi , good ! let hope this time u make it. so how are u enjoying Randwick?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.