Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney and like Indie music?

In Sydney and like Indie music?

Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:10 am
Just Joined

johnny_darko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Sydney and like Indie music?

Originally Posted by Bonch
if there's a ready supply of alcohol and british music, i'd be a fool not too.....
Damn straight you would!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vix77
If anyone is interested - there will a few of us heading to the Clare Hotel on Broadway this Friday 28th. It is a mix of music but it should be mainly indie - probably head there for around 9ish.....
We are staying not too far away on george street next to charlie chans so we'll be down tonight! Just look out for a skinny indie kid in a stripey top and his blonde girlfriend!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
We are staying not too far away on george street next to charlie chans so we'll be down tonight! Just look out for a skinny indie kid in a stripey top and his blonde girlfriend!
I'll be there tonight, though I have no idea what I will be wearing...

S
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Hello...

Britpop night is practically round the corner now and it is looking like it is going to be a good one.

Here is a link with more details about the night - feel free to pass this to friends....

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5...7eflyerfj4.gif

This Sat night (13th) at the Clare Hotel from 8pm
Old Oct 12th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Just a quick reminder about Britpop this Sat (13th) at the Clare Hotel on Broadway, it is gearing up to be quite an event... hope to see some new and familiar faces there!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello..

The Next Britpop Night is this Saturday 10th at the Clare Hotel on Broadway - Come along and hear all the classic British indie tunes as well as some new stuff fresh out of the UK... bring your friends, it will be a good night as ever!

There is a usual crowd of us who go every month so if you fancy joining and coming along then drop us an email... be a shame to miss out!

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7...7eflyervs8.gif
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:41 am
Just Joined

RunSwimMuso is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, is this group still going - I am experiencing gig withdrawal symptoms, sorry but Aussie rock just doesn't cut it. I've tried...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RunSwimMuso
Hey, is this group still going - I am experiencing gig withdrawal symptoms, sorry but Aussie rock just doesn't cut it. I've tried...
Hi...

This thread was kind of replaced by the Thurs night drinks in Sydney thread...we just had a trip out to fools gold at Spectrum on saturday, played some good indie classics! we had out every thurs to a different bar in sydney and a few of us go to gigs quite often, even found a couple of good aussie bands – you should check Faker out.

There are some good gigs in the next few months - don't suppose you like Interpol, we may have a spare ticket to sell...they are playing at the horden pavillion thurs 21st feb. other than that there is ian brown and the wombats in march....
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi...

This thread was kind of replaced by the Thurs night drinks in Sydney thread...we just had a trip out to fools gold at Spectrum on saturday, played some good indie classics! we had out every thurs to a different bar in sydney and a few of us go to gigs quite often, even found a couple of good aussie bands – you should check Faker out.

There are some good gigs in the next few months - don't suppose you like Interpol, we may have a spare ticket to sell...they are playing at the horden pavillion thurs 21st feb. other than that there is ian brown and the wombats in march....
Bonza!

Thanks for the recommendations, I saw Faker (and randomly met them) at Big Day Out. I've had Interpol tickets for ages - which I am excited about but holding it in. I'm surprised you've still got a ticket leftover, in London they'd be golddust, I'll see if anyone I know is after one...

Wombats I have tickets for, and Ian, well, I'm checking my budget as he an expensive fellow...

Will check your other thread...
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RunSwimMuso
Bonza!

Thanks for the recommendations, I saw Faker (and randomly met them) at Big Day Out. I've had Interpol tickets for ages - which I am excited about but holding it in. I'm surprised you've still got a ticket leftover, in London they'd be golddust, I'll see if anyone I know is after one...

Wombats I have tickets for, and Ian, well, I'm checking my budget as he an expensive fellow...

Will check your other thread...
Ian Brown will be worth it - even if it is just to hear the handful of stone roses songs he does...

if you do know anyone looking for a ticket then that would be great - save me trying to sell it on ebay. It is so different from the UK, i still find myself logging onto 5 computers ready for the second the tickets go on sale in case i miss out - i am starting to realise there really isnt any hurry in getting tickets here!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Alexh is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just so excited that someone else in Perth is into Belle and Sebastian !! - our four year old wanders up Cottesloe beach regularly in his 'I'm a cuckoo' t -shirt !!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

..oops, my OH has just asked whether you guys like the Go Betweens ?- how could you not ?!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alexh
..oops, my OH has just asked whether you guys like the Go Betweens ?- how could you not ?!
Sorry, I don't know nuffink about them. Should I?

I was however, listening to The Enemy this morning walking down Pitt Street and felt like givin it a lot of aggggrrrro. I don't think anyone knows who Richard and Judy are here.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

The Go Betweens are from Brisbane and have been on the go (excuse pun) for absolutely years..they are a guitar band- belle and seb cite them as a major influence, last year one of them died suddenly(Grant McLennan). They have toured quite a lot in the Uk (saw them at Manchester Academy in 2003), songs include ' streets of your town', ' right here' etc. Their last album was mojo nominated - called ' Oceans Apart' released 2005- I think- just a cool band with lovely tunes. If you haven't heard them, I recommend a listen- they are quite fab.
Alex