Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies School Hols Meets. . . .

Sydney Ladies School Hols Meets. . . .

Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:21 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Ladies School Hols Meets. . . .

Well done to those of you going off on a short break together - I am so jealous! Have a fab time.

And for those of us left behind. . . . . anyone want to get together on Monday 2nd July and/or Monday 9th July? Seems pointless planning venues at this stage whilst the weather has been so unreliable - the only place I have wanted to be is rugged up on the sofa in front of the fire!

Anyway, log your interest here and we will see what numbers we come up with and try and plan something suitable from there.

B
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Ladies School Hols Meets. . . .

Originally Posted by binbird
Well done to those of you going off on a short break together - I am so jealous! Have a fab time.

And for those of us left behind. . . . . anyone want to get together on Monday 2nd July and/or Monday 9th July? Seems pointless planning venues at this stage whilst the weather has been so unreliable - the only place I have wanted to be is rugged up on the sofa in front of the fire!

Anyway, log your interest here and we will see what numbers we come up with and try and plan something suitable from there.

B
Awww sorry B, we are abandoning you!!

1st week we are going with the "going away" crowd and the second week we are off to Berry as a family.

Hope you gt some takers for the meet!

Take care

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be up for the 9th.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

jflower will become famous soon enough

B

Regarding getting together on Monday 2nd July and/or Monday 9th July sounds like a great idea! Where are you planning to meet in Sydney Australia?
Joanna Szandrocha
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:06 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What a response so far (Not!) Anybody else out there around for the holidays (the 9th in particular) or will I just phone yanH and organise something for the 2 of us?!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

hblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

We would be up for meeting you all next Monday. Where are you thinking of meeting?

Hayley
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:34 am
Birds of a feather . . .

I think we are going to have difficulty agreeing on a venue to suit all ages if the weather continues to be wet. If it's dry, the Flying Fox Park at Mona Vale is pretty good for all ages.

Hopefully the forecast will be more favourable over the next couple of days and we can try and put together a definite plan.

How old are your kids hblondie?

B
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

hblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the roughhblondie26 is a jewel in the rough

I have a girl of 9 ( going on 19) and boy who will be 3 next month. Lets hope the weather does improve or our school holidays will be a nightmare !!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:21 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Forecast is looking dry (and dare I say it, warm) for Monday so I am happy to meet up at the Flying Fox on Monday 2nd. (Address: Winnereremy Bay Foreshore Reserve, Mona Street, Mona Vale - just past Pittwater High School). Good coffee shop with patio heaters if it is on the chilly side and great playground for the kids.

Two other ladies who haven't posted on this thread have told me that they are up for it. So hblondie are you still free? Possibly 4 adults and 10 children so far - anyone else?

Let's get Monday 2nd out of the way before we try and confirm plans for the following week,

B
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we are still up for it. Just looked on internet for directions as coming from eastern Suburbs!!

What time should I aim to get there for ?

Be good to meet you all

Hayley
Forecast is looking dry (and dare I say it, warm) for Monday so I am happy to meet up at the Flying Fox on Monday 2nd. (Address: Winnereremy Bay Foreshore Reserve, Mona Street, Mona Vale - just past Pittwater High School). Good coffee shop with patio heaters if it is on the chilly side and great playground for the kids.

Two other ladies who haven't posted on this thread have told me that they are up for it. So hblondie are you still free? Possibly 4 adults and 10 children so far - anyone else?

Let's get Monday 2nd out of the way before we try and confirm plans for the following week,

B
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:41 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by hblondie26
Yes, we are still up for it. Just looked on internet for directions as coming from eastern Suburbs!!

What time should I aim to get there for ?

Be good to meet you all

Hayley
What time is best for you? You are the one who has to travel the furthest so we are happy to fit in with you. I will have to be away soon after 3.30 to get the oldest to her dance class. There is a good cafe with kiddie menu so lunch is a good option but I will have to book a table - let me know. . . .
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Binbird
I may try to get over later Mon 9th.Children have a Sunday sch activity `till 12 noon so if we do come we`d not leave here `til around 12.15pm. If we don`t materialise at flying Fox hope you all have lots of fun.
Do we have a n August date yet???????????????????????
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:03 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Time to make a decision! I suggest we give the day time to warm up - there is a really nippy wind over this way today so how about we meet at 1.30pm? That way people can have an early lunch and then head on out in the afternoon and we won't have to shout the kids lunch!

hblondie - Hope the arrangements are ok with you. I will pm you my mobile number so you can call once you arrive and I will tell you where exactly we are.

See you tomorrow. . . .

B
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

1.30 is good for us. We'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for the number

Hayley
Time to make a decision! I suggest we give the day time to warm up - there is a really nippy wind over this way today so how about we meet at 1.30pm? That way people can have an early lunch and then head on out in the afternoon and we won't have to shout the kids lunch!

hblondie - Hope the arrangements are ok with you. I will pm you my mobile number so you can call once you arrive and I will tell you where exactly we are.

See you tomorrow. . . .

B
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:27 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

See you tomorrow. . . .

B
I would be there but
1) Feeling lousy with a cold, and sure others would rather I did not share.
2) I don't have a time machine as I have only just seen this post (doh too late)

Oh well I'm in time & up for meeting next Monday (assuming we are all well)