Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:11 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Hi all

Hope you are all had a great Christmas and are ready for a late night to see in the New Year!

Just wanted to remind you that we decided not to get together on the first Tuesday of the month (as some may be nursing sore heads!) Instead, we are planning to arrange something for Monday 7th January.

Easy holiday venues are The Flying Fox Park at Mona Vale and the beachside reserve at Clontarf but if anyone has any other suggestions please post here. . . . .

See you all soon.

B x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:58 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

OH leaves for his new job in SA that day so time of meet & time of flight out of Sydney will determine if we can come.
Have a great few days camping Bindy. (does that involve high heels??)
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Would love to come wherever it is, still do not know too many areas to suggest somewhere myself.
Happy New Year to you all
S
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Hi Binbird
We`ll be there and may have two small extra people that daytoo.F/Fox @ Mona Vale sounds good.We were at the beach there on Sunday.
See you then.

Oh and a happy 2008 to all the FTC, everyone who knows us and everyone on BE.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I won't be able to make this one BinBird, we are off on our hols on Saturday for a week, but let me know if anything else gets planned during the hols.

See you soon

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

We'll be there. Clontarf beach might be better for the older kids (I'm guessing there will be quite a few around) but Mona Vale is closer to home so I don't really mind either way
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm around too.

I vote for Clontarf!
I love the flying Fox, but I can't leave my little one in the park alone, (whilst I'm in cafe), so I end up sitting in the park alone.... not much fun...

But might be the better option if the weathers not great though. But fingers crossed.
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year.
Jo
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Question Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Is Clontarf the one we`ve been to near Balmoral? Thought the flying fox one was at mona vale.Either are fine for us but I need clafrification.

Confused of BE.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

PS.Picnic anyone?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:21 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Yes clarification on where exactly would be good for me as I cannot find "Clontarf Beach" in my map book.
An address would be better & maybe even some hints on where to park.
Still not 100% sure yet if we can come but am hoping so.

p.s. Wilgar are you talking about taking a picnic to Clontarf OR is that some other day being organised??
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I haven't been either but have heard good things about Clontarf. Putting "Clontarf Reserve" into my Navman directs me to Clontarf Park on Holmes Avenue but "Clontarf Beach" sends me to Harbour Street which is just to the South so yes, it would help if we knew exactly where we were meeting I'm guessing the park would be the best place to start; according to Manly council's website there is a large play area with equipment for 0-12 year olds and seawater swimming at the reserve so it should cater to all age groups.

A picnic sounds good Wilgar as otherwise feeding hoards of kids gets rather expensive!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter went to Clontarf Reserve last week for a birthday party, it was in Seaforth, not sure of the name of the road though, it looked like a good place for children of all ages. There is water to play in, swings, picnic areas (and more that I did not see). There is parking on site. I am happy to take a picnic, I will have two hungry children with me.
Looking forwards to seeing you all on Monday, what time?
S
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

If you can park on the streets around the reserve you will save yourself a fortune!! The parking is very expensive there, but you can park just around the corner for nothing.

Rudi
xxx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:43 am
Mermaid

OK you guys...........call me old fashioned but having NO NAVMAN (that includes the OH who's leaving on 8am flight now)........I found Clontarf Reserve in my MAP BOOK 2004!!! & surrounding streets Holmes AV, Monash Cr & Sandy Bay Rd.

Rudi have you a favoured route?

Picnic is fine for us to bring too

What time then everyone?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:49 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, I'm back! Had a great time camping and ready now to organise you all!

Parking at Clontarf Reserve is off Sandy Bay Road but as others have mentioned, there is free street parking for those who want. So, let's aim for this venue but maybe fall back on the flying fox if the day is not looking "beachy". Perhaps we should all check in on this thread before we leave on Monday morning. . .

There is a cafe there for anyone who wants coffees etc but I would recommend bringing a picnic.

We usually meet from 10.30am so see you there. All welcome. Any newly arrived people who want to come along but are unsure of how to spot us - pm me and I'll let you have my mobile number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.