Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

Thanks Holmes....how could I resist after that?...just have to motivate myself for the trip across the city.

Originally Posted by holmes
Last I heard, there will be at least two other 14yr lads and two OHs at Clontarf. And we are excellent Pommy company!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Ezzie - my 14 year old son will definitely be there, and I'm pretty sure YanH's will be as well (otherwise mine wouldn't want to come - you know the sort of thing!).

On a totally different note, I don't suppose any of you have a couple of cot sheets you don't need any more? I have this bizarre list of stuff I have to provide for A's pre-school, and I really don't fancy going out buying cot sheets having left all that stuff behind when we came over. Apparantly they have a nap during the day (which should be interesting as the last time she had a daytime nap was when she was at nursery aged 2!). Also, WTF is a "decor basket"?????
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Cot sheets....'fraid not, long time since I needed those I'm afraid.

What on earth is a decor basket? I can only think of the 'tupperware' type containers made by Decor!

Just give them an ordinary single sheet and tell them to fold it in half!

Glad there'll be some other 14 yr olds...not sure they'll be as tall as mine though!

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Ezzie - my 14 year old son will definitely be there, and I'm pretty sure YanH's will be as well (otherwise mine wouldn't want to come - you know the sort of thing!).

On a totally different note, I don't suppose any of you have a couple of cot sheets you don't need any more? I have this bizarre list of stuff I have to provide for A's pre-school, and I really don't fancy going out buying cot sheets having left all that stuff behind when we came over. Apparantly they have a nap during the day (which should be interesting as the last time she had a daytime nap was when she was at nursery aged 2!). Also, WTF is a "decor basket"?????
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:02 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

" I don't suppose any of you have a couple of cot sheets you don't need any more?"
Also, WTF is a "decor basket"?????[/QUOTE]

Hi I can bring you a cot sheet to Clontarf tomorrow and a top light weight cover I used for Miss 5 when at Kindalin. They don't expect them to sleep if they don't want to but they all have "quiet time" when they lie down & rest or read a book. Each child will have their own stretcher to lie on, keep tidy & lay out their sheets.
The one I have is a stretchy terry towelling one. Sorry only have one left as I gave heaps away to my neighbour over the last couple of months but seem to have missed this one............so it's yours if you want it.

As for the Decor basket.........sorry NO Idea.....
See you tomorrow
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Hoola, that would be great.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by binbird
Is clontarf the one near Balmoral? Where we met in Oct????????????
It is near (ish) to Balmoral but you don't go over the Spit Bridge. I think Clontarf was the first FTC meet you came to Wilgar (almost a year ago!) Is it ringing any bells?!

See you there . . . . if you find it!

B x[/QUOTE]

Hi Binbird
I found it. looking forward to seeing you.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezzie
Cot sheets....'fraid not, long time since I needed those I'm afraid.

What on earth is a decor basket? I can only think of the 'tupperware' type containers made by Decor!

Just give them an ordinary single sheet and tell them to fold it in half!

Glad there'll be some other 14 yr olds...not sure they'll be as tall as mine though!
My 13 yo son is 5.10 and still growing............................g.grandpa was 6.4 so we have high expectations (no pun intended)
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:33 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
FTC stands for "First Tuesday Club" as we usually meet on the first Tuesday of the month. We are not a club though as such, just a crowd of people who have all been new at some point and come along and meet up and many of us have made some great friendships.

In the holidays we try to choose venues to suit a wide age range. A couple of the mums have teenagers and I'm pretty sure they will be coming (weather permitting!) Most kids are happy enough messing about in the water and the older ones could bring dinghies etc to amuse them.

Hope all our plans don't get rained off! Looking forward to meeting you on Monday. . .
Glad to see the name (FTC) and the group still going strong. (I should have copyrighted the name LOL)

Have a great meet - i'll be thinking of you guys - and Happy New Year

L-j
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:11 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no Michael Fish but I feel confident enough in the weather to head to Clontarf! It is overcast but plenty warm enough and will probably gain a degree or two as the day goes on.

Hoola has phoned and I have given her my weather predictions so there will be at least two of us there!

Just going to make my picnic! See you guys later. . . .
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be there with my lot.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

so will I, if we ever get ready.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

What a lovely,lazy,sunny day.Great to see you all.My gang were all exhausted in the eve but said they`d had a fab day. Clontarf is a great place.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wilgar
What a lovely,lazy,sunny day.Great to see you all.My gang were all exhausted in the eve but said they`d had a fab day. Clontarf is a great place.
Yes, absolutely fabulous....wish we could have stayed longer...and remembered the picnic blanket...and sun shade...and beach towels........and picnic!
And now I know where to park to avoid paying too!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

wemadeit is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - January meet - Mon 7th

HI GUYS BACK ON LINE GLAD TO SE YOUR STILL ALL GOING STRONG ( WITH OUT ME ) SORRY TO HAVE MISSED YOUR CLONTARF MEET AS IT IS JUST AROND THE CORNER FOR ME ... HOW EVER I SHALL GRACE YOU ALL WITH MY PRENSENCE TOMORROW AT MANLY AS THATS NOT TO FAR IETHER . . I WILL JUST HAVE ONE OF MY ANKLE BITTERS WITH ME AS I HAVE PUT MY TEENAGER ON A POSITIVE THINKING COURSE . . ,.