Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC Holiday Meet (No. 1!)

Sydney Ladies FTC Holiday Meet (No. 1!)

Old Sep 29th 2007, 10:33 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC Holiday Meet (No. 1!)

Originally Posted by Katherined0
I'm coming on Tuesday with Tom (4) and Beth (3)

(I'm a bit of a gate-crasher from the Tuesday group that meets at the RSL :~)

Katherine
I remember you Katherine - you're not a gate crasher at all! All welcome.

See you Tuesday. . . .
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

We three are coming too!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Am really gutted I can't make it on Tuesday. Had a pretty gruelling trip to Ireland. My dad survived - this time - but it was pretty hard to say goodbye again and I had the mother of all trips (56 hours to get from Sydney to Cork!!) with BA so I could really do with some female company! If no-one else has come forward I'd be happy to host the October FTC evening meet up - does Saturday 20th work for people? Not sure if I should make it a separate thread, thought I'd see if there's any interest first.

Martha
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:56 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I now not going to be able to make it this week, hopefully next week if others are up for another one this school hols
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:30 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BoredinBelfast
I was hoping and would be really grateful if someone would be able to answer few queries of mine in the meantime.
Ed.
Hi

Plenty of family friendly suburbs round here! And lots of meets as you will have noticed so hopefully get to see you at one of them in a couple of months. . .
My kids are all in school now but there is definitely no shortage of activities to amuse pre-schoolers. Sounds like you'll be getting here just as the summer gets going so the only entertainment you will need is the beach (or you will be seeking refuge in the beautifully air conditioned shopping centres!)

Hope the last few weeks go smoothly for you and have a good flight!

B
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BoredinBelfast
hi there,

not sure if this is the right place to post a message but thought I would give it a go. I am moving to Sydney in November hopefully, and will be at home with my two boys, aged 5yrs and nearly 2yrs. I am hoping that I will be able to meet up then as I have looked at some of the posts about the meet ups. I was hoping and would be really grateful if someone would be able to answer few queries of mine in the meantime. As hubby will be working all day I am wondering is there much to do. At home, Belfast, I do lots with kids, like mother/toddler groups, music time, rhymtime at library, swimming lessons, meet up with friends etc. I am wondering are there similiar things to do in Sydney and if it is possible to make friends. We are hoping to move to Northern surburbs, just going on forum, and research, is this a good place for families. Any ideas appreciated.
Ed.

Hi there!

I am in the Hills District of Sydney (West of Northern beaches) and I have two pre-schoolers - one aged 4 and the other 13 months. Definitely NO shortage of things to do with them and as Binbird says, if all else fails, you always have the beach.
We have only been here two months and have already managed to get ourselves involved in with swimming lessons, story time at the library, dance classes (though probably not a favourite pastime for your boys) Tennis lessons and of course our regular weekly meet up with other ex-pats at the Castle Hill RSL.
I assume your 5 year old will be starting school in Jan so you will only have one at home with you??

As far as we are concerned, we are not short of things to do!!

Sally
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Am really gutted I can't make it on Tuesday. Had a pretty gruelling trip to Ireland. My dad survived - this time - but it was pretty hard to say goodbye again and I had the mother of all trips (56 hours to get from Sydney to Cork!!) with BA so I could really do with some female company! If no-one else has come forward I'd be happy to host the October FTC evening meet up - does Saturday 20th work for people? Not sure if I should make it a separate thread, thought I'd see if there's any interest first.

Martha
Don't think I can do the 20th, but don't let that stop you all. Isn't life getting good that I can say I have a prior engagement!
Shame you can't make Tuesday Martha, but if you want to meet up some other time over the holidays let me know. I thought your eldest might like to get together with Ben as I'm not sure how well he will have settled into his new school, whether he's made friends yet etc. Drop me a pm if you like.
Carolyn.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

ozyjo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there too.
looking forward to it.

JO
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery

Martha
I`ll be moving house that w/end so again count me out.I`m not trying to avoid you all.Honest.
Hope you are feeling better Ross and that the family here managed without you.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

However,we`ll all be there tomorrow and we`ll bring a picnic.
Is anyone else?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:46 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Just about to start making the picnic! See you all later. . . .

Will set up camp somewhere near the play area initially.

B
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

BoredinBelfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sal1705
Hi there!

I am in the Hills District of Sydney (West of Northern beaches) and I have two pre-schoolers - one aged 4 and the other 13 months. Definitely NO shortage of things to do with them and as Binbird says, if all else fails, you always have the beach.
We have only been here two months and have already managed to get ourselves involved in with swimming lessons, story time at the library, dance classes (though probably not a favourite pastime for your boys) Tennis lessons and of course our regular weekly meet up with other ex-pats at the Castle Hill RSL.
I assume your 5 year old will be starting school in Jan so you will only have one at home with you??

As far as we are concerned, we are not short of things to do!!

Sally
Hi Binbird and Sally

Thanks for really helpful replies. I have been hectic trying to organise things. hoping to be going in 3 weeks and flights not yet booked, just heard we got our 457 visa. Hope to be joining the meet ups soon.
much appreciated , Ed