Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Indie/Britpop Night out - 05/05/08

Sydney Indie/Britpop Night out - 05/05/08

Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Indie/Britpop Night out - 05/05/08

I know its probably a bit late notice, but this weekend sees the return of the popular Britpop! indie music night at The Abercrombie Hotel on Broadway.

A group of us poms will be heading there, and meeting up for some beers beforehand.

The plan roughly is this:

Meet at about 8:30 at The Lansdowne Hotel, City Road for some beers and a couple of frames of pool, then move on to The Abercrombie for about 10pm.

If anybody is interested, pm either myself or Vix77 for details and contact number for meeting up.

Cheers,

S
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney Indie/Britpop Night out - 05/05/08

I'm intererested in meeting up, how do I go about getting in contact. Isn't May a long way off
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:10 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gelectrox
I'm intererested in meeting up, how do I go about getting in contact. Isn't May a long way off

Well, how come you didn't manage to show up last night? We were holding back the Idi Amin & Robert Mugabe conversation until you arrived.

Yes, May is a long way off.

Hopefully people with insight and mind reading powers will realise that it's tomorrow night, and not next month. Probably not though.

S
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

How often is this night then? I thought it was once a month but now seems to be every night.

apologies about last night but I was absolutly knackered, but ist pleased to know that I've been missed. I've been fielding non stop texts as well tomy where abouts.

Can I suggest Chris, that we rename the Sydney Thusday meet up to 'Gelectrox Fan Club' and everyone who comes has to find out an interesting fact about me. If its a correct fact I will let them pass into the pub, if its false I will send them on a mission to all 4 corners of the earth-like that guy made Batman do , in Batman Begins. Chris.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:35 am
has lost The Game

How often is this night then? I thought it was once a month but now seems to be every night.

apologies about last night but I was absolutly knackered, but ist pleased to know that I've been missed. I've been fielding non stop texts as well tomy where abouts.

Can I suggest Chris, that we rename the Sydney Thusday meet up to 'Gelectrox Fan Club' and everyone who comes has to find out an interesting fact about me. If its a correct fact I will let them pass into the pub, if its false I will send them on a mission to all 4 corners of the earth-like that guy made Batman do , in Batman Begins. Chris.

It's meant to be once a month, but there was an Easter special for the holiday weekend. A bit like the Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special, only with more britpop music and dancing, and less Del Boy and Christmas.

I like the idea of an induction ceremony. I've just done a quick google search for Gelectrox, and it asked me if I meant Electrolux

It did bring up a few of your nonsensical postings, plus some postings by a person also calling themselves Gelectrox on a Fantasy Football site and one on a film review site. are they both you, or different incarnations of you?

Work slow this afternoon too?

S
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Pretty slow, I'm waiting to comfirm some interviews with candidates and its taking ages.

Yes you are right I am gelectrox on Fiso which is a good fantasy football sight and also gelectrox on slashfilm which is an ace film sight I highly recommend the latter.

Are you splitting the atom this afternoon (not a euphanism)
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:44 am
has lost The Game

Pretty slow, I'm waiting to comfirm some interviews with candidates and its taking ages.

Yes you are right I am gelectrox on Fiso which is a good fantasy football sight and also gelectrox on slashfilm which is an ace film sight I highly recommend the latter.

Are you splitting the atom this afternoon (not a euphanism)

Nope, no fission today. It's a nuisance when it runs over into the weekend.

Are you Gelectrox on RSVP too?

S
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

whats RSVP-I'm also on a site called Cock On Ball (ahem) which is actually a spurs website