Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Hotels for Lions Tour Help

Sydney Hotels for Lions Tour Help

Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sydney Hotels for Lions Tour Help

Hi Sydneysiders and beyond,
We are a family of British and Irish Lions fans very much looking forward to a first visit to Sydney and to the former olympic stadium in July.

Flights and tickets booked but as weve never been before and we are there for 3 nights what is the best area to stay for sightseeing access during the days and access to the stadium for the match night......Nothing grand but a clean hotel for a reasonable rate in a suberb that suits.

Any help would be most welcome
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:17 pm
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Hotels for Lions Tour Help

sydney harbour b&b in the rocks is great location for sightseeing, family run and they do a great breakfast, very friendly and rates are reasonable, they have a website http://www.bedandbreakfastsydney.com/ not sure how far the stadium is from here though
Old Jan 10th 2013, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andy170773
sydney harbour b&b in the rocks is great location for sightseeing, family run and they do a great breakfast, very friendly and rates are reasonable, they have a website http://www.bedandbreakfastsydney.com/ not sure how far the stadium is from here though
It is about 45-60 minutes away on the train.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
Hi Sydneysiders and beyond,
We are a family of British and Irish Lions fans very much looking forward to a first visit to Sydney and to the former olympic stadium in July.

Flights and tickets booked but as weve never been before and we are there for 3 nights what is the best area to stay for sightseeing access during the days and access to the stadium for the match night......Nothing grand but a clean hotel for a reasonable rate in a suberb that suits.

Any help would be most welcome
Unfortuantely for you that stadium is the pits. It's in a boring part of Sydney and bring your telescope - you'll be miles away no matter where you sit.

I'm going to Brisbane and contemplating Melbourne too. I will watch the Sydney test on TV.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beoz
Unfortuantely for you that stadium is the pits. It's in a boring part of Sydney and bring your telescope - you'll be miles away no matter where you sit.

I'm going to Brisbane and contemplating Melbourne too. I will watch the Sydney test on TV.
Its not that bad a stadium. Nowhere else in Sydney has anywhere near the 85,000 capacity that it has.

Good luck getting tickets Beoz. I'm gonna try but they'll probably be sold out to members before they even hit general sale. The Brissy and Melbourne tests only have 80,000 in total between them and 25,000 of them have already been sold to Brits on tour packages.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
Its not that bad a stadium. Nowhere else in Sydney has anywhere near the 85,000 capacity that it has.

Good luck getting tickets Beoz. I'm gonna try but they'll probably be sold out to members before they even hit general sale. The Brissy and Melbourne tests only have 80,000 in total between them and 25,000 of them have already been sold to Brits on tour packages.
Nowhere has 85000 but it's still the pits. Did you hit the Wales Oz test at the other stadium? - yeah it was only 40000 but one hellova atmosphere.

The atmosphere just leaks at the big stadium.

I thought I read Febuary they go on sale. Melbourne doesn't watch Rubgy and I know a member or 2 in Bris. Speaking of members, I'll probably end up at the shite stadium - know a member or 2 for that.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz
Nowhere has 85000 but it's still the pits. Did you hit the Wales Oz test at the other stadium? - yeah it was only 40000 but one hellova atmosphere.

The atmosphere just leaks at the big stadium.

I thought I read Febuary they go on sale. Melbourne doesn't watch Rubgy and I know a member or 2 in Bris. Speaking of members, I'll probably end up at the shite stadium - know a member or 2 for that.
You need to go to a State of Origin match

I don't disagree with you that the SFS is the better stadium but a match like this where there will be 40,000+ Brits and 35,000 Aussies needs to be played in the bigger stadium. There will still be an awesome atmosphere.

Yep tickets on sale in Feb. I'm hoping to get the Melbourne and Sydney tests and the tards tour match at SFS.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by martin1978
You need to go to a State of Origin match
With all those bogans - not a chance
Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Andy will look that up not to bothered with the trip to the ground......And yes as members here of the Force we had a presale for the game, as far as the stadium is concerned id watch the Lions on the beach as the other 25-40k traveling would probably agree.....

Originally Posted by andy170773
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:59 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

we are doing the trip from Perth too and are staying in the city near to the train line - taking the family so lots of sight seeing !!
Got great flight prices.