Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Hotels for families

Wikiposts

Sydney Hotels for families

Old May 21st 2005, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

The Mackay Mob will become famous soon enoughThe Mackay Mob will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney Hotels for families

Can anyone recommend hotels in Sydney suitable for families (kids age 6 and 4)?

Also any recommendations regarding things to do with kids.

Thanks!
Old May 21st 2005, 3:42 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Sydney Hotels for families

Originally Posted by The Mackay Mob

Thanks!
We are taking our 3 children (12, 9 and 4) to Sydney too, and I have spent ages scouring the internet for reasonably priced family friendly accommodation. The best I found was one of the appartments opposite Hyde Park... seems close enough to everything, near to park to let off steam, the building has a pool, appartments have big balconies, kitchen area with washing machine etc, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom (or 2!), cable tv etc... all for $180.00 a night.

We booked it via http://www.sydneyhotelsaccommodation...idgeApartments

As for things to do - the most common recommendation we've had is the Aquarium (if it's open) but do a search on the forum 'cos there have been lots of good suggestions in the last week...

Hope you have a good holiday - any remedies for children with jetlag?
Old May 22nd 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney Hotels for families

Thanks!
Hi

We also have two kids 6 and 4 and have been in Sydney for a couple of months now, when we arrived we used the Qantas site for finding hotels, they seemed to have the better ones at a more reasonable price.

As for recommendations regarding things to do with kids, try this site: http://www.sydkidz.com/. Its great for coming up with ideas for the kids. We tried the Cremorne Reserve walk a few weekends ago. It was fabulous, it has an outside pool, playground and great picnic spots with views of the Bridge and Opera House.

Good luck

LOUISE
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

The Mackay Mob will become famous soon enoughThe Mackay Mob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by floss
We are taking our 3 children (12, 9 and 4) to Sydney too, and I have spent ages scouring the internet for reasonably priced family friendly accommodation. The best I found was one of the appartments opposite Hyde Park... seems close enough to everything, near to park to let off steam, the building has a pool, appartments have big balconies, kitchen area with washing machine etc, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom (or 2!), cable tv etc... all for $180.00 a night.

We booked it via http://www.sydneyhotelsaccommodation...idgeApartments

As for things to do - the most common recommendation we've had is the Aquarium (if it's open) but do a search on the forum 'cos there have been lots of good suggestions in the last week...

Hope you have a good holiday - any remedies for children with jetlag?
Thanks for the info, I'll look into the Parkridge, it sounds ideal!
I've heard good things about the Aquarium from friends, but will check before we go - I read that thread too!

We did a stopover in Singapore, the jet lag hit us all at the same time. We arrived in Singapore after a 13 hour flight early in the morning (6 ish) , had a bit of an afternoon snooze then went to bed at 9. All was fine until 3 o'clock when we all woke up. When I say woke up , I mean, woke up! You'd think we'd been drinking strong black coffee, or it was about 10 o'clock in the morning! After bouncing round the room for a couple of hours the kids (and us) managed to get back to sleep. We all woke up the next night too, but not for as long, after a couple more nights we were OK. We all felt a bit tired for a while but didn't find it a major problem. We just got on with the sightseeing.
Hope you have a good journey!
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi

We also have two kids 6 and 4 and have been in Sydney for a couple of months now, when we arrived we used the Qantas site for finding hotels, they seemed to have the better ones at a more reasonable price.

As for recommendations regarding things to do with kids, try this site: http://www.sydkidz.com/. Its great for coming up with ideas for the kids. We tried the Cremorne Reserve walk a few weekends ago. It was fabulous, it has an outside pool, playground and great picnic spots with views of the Bridge and Opera House.

Good luck

LOUISE
Thanks for the advice!
That's a really good website, I loved the list of play areas, just what you need with littluns!
I like the sound of the Cremorne Reserve walk too.

I've had a little look at the Qantas site but at first glance it seemed a bit on the expensive side. I'll give it another go.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:06 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Me & the gang stayed at Lane Cover River Tourist Park for 3 days in February and it was fabulous. A spacious cabin with all the necessary, for around $85 a night. As it was our first stay in Aus, it was great to have the freedom to explore Sydney at your own pace........we didnt want to leave but then we had all of the rest of the coastline round to Adelaide to explore.

The Park itself has some good bush walks but the best bit for us was that it was only 20 minutes drive from the Bridge and the centre of the city. Awesome !

Here's a link:

http://www.lanecoverivertouristpark.com.au/

Highly recommended.....and doesn't break the bank.

Have fun !