sydney hotels

Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ew502 will become famous soon enoughew502 will become famous soon enough
Default sydney hotels

Hi all

Fingers crossed our visa will be through this week, hopefully flying out at the end of April. We will be spending 4 days in Sydney before driving up to Taree/Wingham, my job is there.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel, 3 star ish. or the ones to avoid!!

Many thanks

Esher
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:52 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sydney hotels

Originally Posted by ew502
Hi all

Fingers crossed our visa will be through this week, hopefully flying out at the end of April. We will be spending 4 days in Sydney before driving up to Taree/Wingham, my job is there.

Many thanks

Esher
We stayed at the Ibis in Darling Harbour, but please dont make the same mistake as me. Great location and very central with great shops and restaurants, but the hotel rooms were damp and smelly. The first night my room swipe wouldn't work and they couldn't get the door open so I had to stay in another room down the hall from the rest of my family with no case/nightclothes/washstuff....was not impressed. Best of luck though
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:25 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I just stayed at Grand Medina on kent street - very near darling harbor.

2 Bedroom Suite with balcony (overlooking the building site opposite) , two bathrooms, lounge/diner, and kitchen. Pretty cool I thought and more fun than the usual business hotels.

near to china town ( I think ) and darling harbor is great place to go and drink/eat/shop near to cbd too. It was clean , well serviced, and the rooms were great with good standard of furniture etc. There are lots of grand medina in sydney

There is room service etc - but - even better - there is a menu on the fridge of delivery companies so you dont get ripped off - pizza/chinese/etc deliver to reception and reception send them up (security checks).

check them out on wotif.com.au might get a bargain

Last edited by spalen; Mar 13th 2006 at 8:27 am.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Da1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant futureDa1e has a brilliant future

We stayed at the Travelodge Wentworth. Had the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in (or not slept in). But have been told the Mercure on Darling Harbour is good if you can afford it.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

www.tripadvisor.com is a unbiased hotel review website which may be helpful?

Originally Posted by ew502
Hi all

Many thanks

Esher