Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney hotel suggestions

Sydney hotel suggestions

Old May 10th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Question Sydney hotel suggestions

I`ve just booked flights down to Sydney for next weekend as its our 20th wedding anniversary, so now im looking at hotels.................
My problem is where do we stay and base ourselves. So need some sugggestions. Want to be able to eat and drink more importantly without being charged `tourist prices` , yer I know its Sydney and will be expensive!!!!
Any suggestions of hotels or areas would be great.
Ta
Angela
Old May 11th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney hotel suggestions

Originally Posted by Cookster
I`ve just booked flights down to Sydney for next weekend as its our 20th wedding anniversary, so now im looking at hotels.................
My problem is where do we stay and base ourselves. So need some sugggestions. Want to be able to eat and drink more importantly without being charged `tourist prices` , yer I know its Sydney and will be expensive!!!!
Any suggestions of hotels or areas would be great.
Ta
Angela

We Booked a Hotel a couple of weeks ago. Oaks Maestri Towers just near "China Town" and about a 5 minute walk to Darling Harbour. Plenty of places to eat and drink but as you mentioned you would be hard pushed to find "Non Tourist Prices" but i'm sure there are places. A self contained appartment for 3 of us i think it cost $390 for 2 nights. We booked through www.wotif.com.
I have stayed there before and found it very convenient for what i needed.

Good Luck

John

Last edited by nickyjohnt; May 11th 2008 at 4:04 am.
Old May 11th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney hotel suggestions

If you're not after anything too fancy but not too bad either, have a look at Travelodge Wynyard. I think they do deals at the wkd as it's a business hotel predominantly and bang in the middle of the CBD so handy for everything!!!