Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney hotel recommendations

Sydney hotel recommendations

Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:21 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Sydney hotel recommendations

Could someone advise me on a good class hotel to stay at in Sydney which is close to the Harbour Bridge and the Opera house?

This is for a long weekend vist, Friday thru to Sunday.

Also, hotel recommendations for Fiji? Preferably a hotel by the sea and again a possible long weekend. Price is not the issue, just a good place to stay.

Thank you

Rob
Old Sep 19th 2006, 1:29 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney hotel recommendations

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Could someone advise me on a good class hotel to stay at in Sydney which is close to the Harbour Bridge and the Opera house?

Also, hotel recommendations for Fiji? Preferably a hotel by the sea and again a possible long weekend. Price is not the issue, just a good place to stay.

Thank you

Rob
In Sydney we stayed in the Shangri-La Hotel, it had fab views and was in walking distance of the Opera House and Bridge. The higher up you go the better the views and make sure you request a room that has views of both the bridge and the Opera House
Old Sep 19th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

The Swissotel was lovely, it is close by to the Harbour although you won't get the views unfortunately - but the service there was exceptional.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 4:35 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone

Thank you

Rob
We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, in the rocks, its just slightly back behind circ quay so you dont get completely stung for the views etc. rooms are good, location is excellent, price is reasonable, it was perfect for a better than average hotel to basically spend a few hours asleep in each night.
There was a new hotel recently advertised in Fiji that looked pretty good, first one to be built for so many years or something, I think it might of been the Sebel. Check out the Great Outdoors or Getaway websites as it was bound to be one of those that I saw it on.
Steve
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Cool Re: Sydney hotel recommendations

HI,

We stayed at Southern cross suites which is at Darling harbour (fantastic views). Had a 2 bedroomed appartment for 4 of us and it was big enough to live in!!!! About 20 mins walk to the harbour bridge and opera house.

Tracey
x
Old Sep 19th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

We stayed at the Shangri-La too and the views were amazing, Opera House and bridge from our room too and if you get a certain deal, you'll have to check, some sort of club arrangement (sorry, my friend paid for ours for my birthday, so I'm not 100% of the details), but you can have breakfast in this room that has full height windows with the amazing views infact looking at the hotel in a picture, you can see the big windows of the breakfast place. I might be wrong, you may be able to have breakfast in that room anyway, you'd have to check but, with this deal, you also get free drinks in the bar for an hour or two early evening

Have fun wherever you stay.