Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Sydney hotel on the beach?

A Sydney hotel on the beach?

Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Sydney hotel on the beach?

Hi- can anyone recomend a good hotel (i.e. not a backpackers) in Sydney - must be right next to / on a surf beach?

Fancy having a proper holiday and rest when I get there before looking for apartments and work.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:40 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Sydney hotel on the beach?

Originally posted by scamp
Hi- can anyone recomend a good hotel (i.e. not a backpackers) in Sydney - must be right next to / on a surf beach?

Fancy having a proper holiday and rest when I get there before looking for apartments and work.

try this mate:

Overlooking Australia\'s most famous stretch of sand and surf, the magnificent Swiss Grand Hotel, Bondi Beach is located just 15 minutes from the heart of Sydney.

The unique beach front location offers guests panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. A perfect alternative to city accommodation.

http://www.sydney.australia-online-h...el_Sydney.html
Attached Thumbnails A Sydney hotel on the beach?-swiss_grand_hotel_sydney.jpeg  
Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Sydney hotel on the beach?

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

try this mate:

Overlooking Australia\'s most famous stretch of sand and surf, the magnificent Swiss Grand Hotel, Bondi Beach is located just 15 minutes from the heart of Sydney.

The unique beach front location offers guests panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. A perfect alternative to city accommodation.

http://www.sydney.australia-online-h...el_Sydney.html
We stayed there after my wedding. Got a good room for about $150 on www.standbyrates.com.au .

There are some in Manly (where the England team stayed) as well.

Do you surf? Both beaches are very popular and the lineup is crowded at the weekend but mid week in the morning they are great.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

I haven't surfed in years - since some winter surfing in Newquay, (those were the days). My intention is to surf (got surfing lessons as a leaving present) - so Manly and Bondi are the likely locations.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

I haven't surfed in years - since some winter surfing in Newquay, (those were the days). My intention is to surf (got surfing lessons as a leaving present) - so Manly and Bondi are the likely locations.
Try www.gomanly.com as well - good site with accomodation links.

When are you off ? We are staying in Manly for a couple of weeks in March - over there to validate visas and have a mooch around. Definitely going to make a tit of myself on a surf board - its a long time since I have surfed Newquay but loved it.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

I arrive Tues 27th - miss Australia day sadly - but its getting very very close..... seemed to have got over my nerves just want to be there now.

thanks for the URL.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

I arrive Tues 27th - miss Australia day sadly - but its getting very very close..... seemed to have got over my nerves just want to be there now.

thanks for the URL.
Bloody hell ! Just hit your profile instead of latest message and noticed we have the same birthday ! Not same year though, I'm 1970.

Keep posting when you get to the other side. Need to know whether the water is warm !!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

its a popular day - know 3 people having that birthday (including my mum!) - now 4.

Will keep posting when I get there.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out www.letsgosurfing.com.au for Bondi lessons. I have had a couple of lessons from them and the instructors are excellent. They also give good advice when purchasing surf gear although they are slightly expensive.