Reload this Page >

Sydney, here I come!

Sydney, here I come!

Old Nov 8th 2015, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Sn00peh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney, here I come!

Hi All,

My name is Steph im from Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom and i am actually finally flying to Sydney, Australia on Christmas day (Landing Boxing Day)! It has taken a lot of time sorting paperwork etc to get this move in place.

I am a nurse in the UK, i am going to be attending the bridging programme at the Australian College of Nursing in Janury for 10-11weeks, and then reapplying for my nursing registration.

I do not currently know anyone in Australia and although will be travelling over with family, they will be leaving me on my own after a couple of weeks! So hoping to do a few meet ups and make some new friends! If anyone fancies arranging a meet up around the New Year within Sydney CBD somewhere, that i could attend, that would be amazing!

Need to do some apartment searching along side touristy bits when i first arrive, so could anyone give any advice as to any suburbs to avoid due to bad neighbourhoods, or any amazing touristy things that you HAVE to do? Planning on visiting Taronga Zoo, and doing a cruise for New Years Eve, but not sure what else to do!

Thanks for reading!

Steph
Old Nov 9th 2015, 5:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney, here I come!

Originally Posted by Sn00peh
Hi All,

My name is Steph im from Milton Keynes in the United Kingdom and i am actually finally flying to Sydney, Australia on Christmas day (Landing Boxing Day)! It has taken a lot of time sorting paperwork etc to get this move in place.

I am a nurse in the UK, i am going to be attending the bridging programme at the Australian College of Nursing in Janury for 10-11weeks, and then reapplying for my nursing registration.

I do not currently know anyone in Australia and although will be travelling over with family, they will be leaving me on my own after a couple of weeks! So hoping to do a few meet ups and make some new friends! If anyone fancies arranging a meet up around the New Year within Sydney CBD somewhere, that i could attend, that would be amazing!

Need to do some apartment searching along side touristy bits when i first arrive, so could anyone give any advice as to any suburbs to avoid due to bad neighbourhoods, or any amazing touristy things that you HAVE to do? Planning on visiting Taronga Zoo, and doing a cruise for New Years Eve, but not sure what else to do!

Thanks for reading!

Steph

Wow, a new arrival! Welcome Steph!

A group of us meet up in the CBD every Thursday evening for drinks, food and a general chin wag. You would be more than welcome to join us. It's a fairly broad age and experience range, though most of us work in or around the CBD. We go to a different pub each week, but you can check out where we're going here.

Have you secured a job? If you'll be at the RPA Hospital, then you'll want to have a look at the suburbs around Newtown. I don't know any other hospitals I'm afraid. there aren't really any no-go suburbs any more - particularly in the inner city. I'd look at transport and local facilities, though I personally prefer being as close to the CBD as possible.

Good luck with the move

S