Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Girl's Night Out - anyone up for it??

Sydney Girl's Night Out - anyone up for it??

Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

lynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sydney Girl's Night Out - anyone up for it??

Originally Posted by SarahandOli
Come in through the Falcon Street entrance (that's the road entrance, not the pavemet one IYSWIM) and then turn left. I think that bit is quite nice and open - if it's warm the windows will be open so easy to spot people from the outside!).
I've been in a couple of times to meet hubby and I think that's the entrance I use. There are a couple of entry doors, but I use the one with about three steps up into a big lounge area. (If you're facing this door, then Woolworths is down the road on your right, just beyond an italian cafe, and the pacific highway will be behind you)

If you go in through this doorway, the bar is on the left, and the ladies loos are over on the far right. Maybe congregating in the seats near there is a good idea?

Or maybe someone could bring a plastic pot plant to put on the table - then others would know what to look for! (of course that cunning plan involves that someone volunteering to bring said plastic pot plant)

Last edited by lynniep; Jan 18th 2006 at 9:16 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynniep
I've been in a couple of times to meet hubby and I think that's the entrance I use. There are a couple of entry doors, but I use the one with about three steps up into a big lounge area. (If you're facing this door, then Woolworths is down the road on your right, just beyond an italian cafe, and the pacific highway will be behind you)

If you go in through this doorway, the bar is on the left, and the ladies loos are over on the far right. Maybe congregating in the seats near there is a good idea?

Or maybe someone could bring a plastic pot plant to put on the table - then others would know what to look for! (of course that cunning plan involves that someone volunteering to bring said plastic pot plant)
Not sure if I am gonna make this as much as I want to as we move into our new pad tomorrow and I feel really guilty leaving the family at home without a stick of furniture. Will definitely make it next time though. Sorry
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Well thanks tami for last night, it was a very good night, I especially enjoyed Pat Cash playing rock in the room next door!!??!! :scared:

will pm you soon

Ange
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Yes thanks for organising it Tami, was a good night. Will have to do another one soon. Sarah, Sarah, Sam, Lisa and Reena (hope ive not forgot anyone) was nice to meet you. Angela will meet up again soon.
Gillx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely a good night, great to meet everyone, hope everyone got home OK.

Anne
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:47 am
Just Joined

lynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spottydog
Definitely a good night, great to meet everyone, hope everyone got home OK.

Anne
Apologies for not turning up as I said I would on Friday - my own silly fault. I actually did arrive - half an hour late due to an unexpected phone call from my best mate in the USA, and then realised I'd forgotten to take down a phone number and had no way of finding anyone in the crowds. Doh!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone who came - great to meet you all. I hope we get to do it again sometime soon!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:36 am
Just Joined

RosiePeach1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Sydney Girl's Night Out - anyone up for it??

Gutted I didn't find out about this night out until now! Been too busy seeing the sights and soaking up the rays to log on so it's my own fault. Arrived in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and it would have been good to have met up with some people who know how I'm feeling!

Hopefully make it to the next one as it sounds like you had a great time!

Rosie x
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

smemes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Parker
Thanks to everyone who came - great to meet you all. I hope we get to do it again sometime soon!
I had a great time! Was fab to meet you all... Looking forward to the next one...Tami, will have to go shoe shopping sometime as need a fix!

Have a great week all...xx
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynniep
Apologies for not turning up as I said I would on Friday - my own silly fault. I actually did arrive - half an hour late due to an unexpected phone call from my best mate in the USA, and then realised I'd forgotten to take down a phone number and had no way of finding anyone in the crowds. Doh!

Oh no.... I did bring some very tiny flags and stuck them in a beer mat and put them on the table...very small tho. I kept looking for lost looking women wandering around the pub but by 8 a few more had arrived so we were probably all talking. What a shame....oh well next time we will have that plastic plant or something on the table to make it a little more obvious!!!

Ange
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:18 am
Just Joined

wickpayne will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply - have been swamped at work and had some folks from back home staying
Was great to meet you all and will be up for the next one.
Well done Tami for arranging it
Lisa